Associate Dean, Nursing Academics at West Coast University
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Associate Dean, Nursing Academics. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Reporting directly to the Campus Dean, Nursing, assists with providing leadership in managing and implementing a comprehensive registered nurse program (Graduate and Undergraduate) in support of University, campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet workplace and placement expectations. Participates in budget preparation and fiscal administration, curriculum development, quality control and coordination, determination of teaching assignments, recruitment, hiring, orientation, supervision, development and evaluation of faculty. Provides professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. Focuses extensively on ensuring the implementation of the academic program leads to outstanding student learning outcomes, including board exam passage rates that meet or exceed institutional goals.
- Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License.
- Must have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) prior to assuming the role of Associate Dean of Nursing, Academics.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) or other nursing accrediting agencies, WASC, ACICS, and other accreditation standards.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Must have a minimum of two year’s prior experience teaching in pre- or post-licensure nursing programs.
- Must have at least one year’s experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care or equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the Board of Registered Nursing.
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and career.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
401(k) Plan with employer match
Flexible Spending Account
Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.