F135 Technical Graphics Developer/Illustrator at Pratt & Whitney
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 62073BR Date posted 03/05/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting solutions.
Aerospace technology company is looking for a technical illustrator. The successful applicant will utilize engineering data (blueprints and electronic part models), along with instructions from technical writers, to create and maintain computer-based illustrations for customer technical data. Applicants will be fluent in English and comfortable working with a computer
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Applicants will have a two-year trade or associates degree, preferably in a field such as engineering technology, CAD, or graphic design, or 1 -3+ years' experience in a technical illustrating or product definition position
- 1 year + prior computer-based design, 3D concepts, drafting or illustrating background
- US Citizenship required due to Federal contracts
- Knowledge of technical drawing methods, such as translating 2D images into axonometric views, creating vector illustrations from raster images, and troubleshooting your own work preferred
- Experience using Auto-trol Tech Illustrator software, PTC Isodraw, NX (Unigraphics), and Adobe Photoshop among others is a plus
Education: Applicants will have a two-year trade or associates degree, preferably in a field such as engineering technology, CAD, or graphic design, or 1 -3+ years' experience in a technical illustrating or product definition position. Other degrees and certificates will be considered together with working experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.