Finance Manager at ADP (Automatic Data Processing)
Posted in Management 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: NORFOLK, Virginia
ADP is hiring a Manager, FP&A. In this position you will manage the full range of planning, forecasting and analysis activities including building and reviewing financial models and incorporating guidance received on validated assumptions; as well as challenging data and information integrity.
The Manager administers financial close activities by preparing variance analyses on actual versus plan/forecast; overseeing the performance reporting/management reporting requirements for the business as well as select KPI’s; and assisting with presentations for senior management. In addition, the Manager is responsible for managing, coaching and team development in order to build capabilities and achieve key goals and objectives.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Operating Planning and Forecasting: Creates annual operating plan that is aligned to the strategic plan and performs forecasting to provide visibility into business results to enable business decisions
- Assists in the creation of financial models to develop the annual operating plan, reviewing and validating assumptions, ensuring proper reconciliation and data integrity
- Builds forecast models using key drivers, trend analysis, economic, and external factors, etc. and monitors the accuracy and predictability of existing models
- Continuously improves forecast accuracy by aligning to key drivers and identifying root causes of previous errors
- Creates analytical tools and models for revenue and expenses driving process efficiencies
- Management Reporting and Financial Close Activities: Produces and distributes recurring and ad hoc management reports. Responsible for financial reporting accuracy; partners with shared services organizations and ensures adequate control environment to mitigate financial and business risks in collaboration with process owners
- Assists in driving the financial close activity and prepares monthly variance analysis on actual results versus plan/forecast ensuring data integrity
- Participates in presentation preparation on results, forecasts, and plans to senior management
- Makes recommendations on opportunities/risks to senior management that need to be addressed to improve results
- Produces management reporting efficiently utilizing automation and technology
- Business Analysis: Uses deep understanding of objectives, issues and root causes and provides insightful, fact-based data analysis to help solve complex problems
- Provides effective analytical support and techniques to assist with the identification of business opportunities and risks
- Manages KPI’s such as backlog reporting, staffing requirements, starts, weeks to start, no starts, labor productivity, and analysis of implementation, survey scores and client satisfaction
- Talent Development and Management: Deliberately builds capability for short and long term
- Sets direction, goals and expectations about performance, holds associates accountable for development and provides appropriate feedback
- Coaches and develops associates; builds diverse team and encourages innovative thinking to identify broad growth opportunities
- Strategic Planning and Initiatives: Partners with business leadership to develop strategies and initiatives to drive growth and margin improvements. Executes on strategic initiatives such as M&A support, product launches, market entry, and process improvement efforts
- Supports the execution of key components of the strategic initiative/business case by managing and providing analytical support
- Maintains an awareness of general economic, competitive, business and financial conditions
- Business Partnering: Partners with Key Stakeholders and Business Partners to align on business priorities and drive effective solutions/execution. Constructively communicates compelling arguments based on facts and data, and obtains necessary buy-in to deliver on business objectives
- Builds working relationships with colleagues and business partners to support business priorities and objectives through complex financial modeling and insights
- Leverages both formal and informal networks to achieve business objectives
- Financial Operational Policy: Establishes and maintains consistent financial operational policies and procedures to govern related practices
- Complies with all departmental/ financial operational policies and practices
- Bachelor’s of Science in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- 6+ Years of Experience in Finance or Accounting including 1+ years of People Leadership
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- MBA or credits toward MBA, or MS in Business Analytics or similar
- Post MBA Internship/Development Program
- Consulting Experience
- Business Analysis and Acumen: Uses and coaches others to use a disciplined problem solving approach; uses advanced modeling techniques, synthesizing and simplifying financial and non-financial data; uses experience, judgment and solid business acumen to offer insights; shares insights, even if unpopular.
- Technical Acumen: Has advanced desktop application skills and full understanding of systems, including, but not limited to Hyperion, ESDB, ORBIT, Oracle, Siebel, Clarify, Cognos; creates complex reports; continually looks to improve processes, reporting formats and capabilities and partners with others to make improvements.
- Trains others in these skills.
- Influential Business Partner: Builds strong relationships with business partners and is sought out for Finance expertise; can communicate the story behind the numbers by using narratives and shaping presentations for the audience; will challenge others’ assumptions and create shared understanding; steps up to conflict and has a variety of influencing approaches.
- Results Accountability: Sets high standards for self and others, uses solid judgment to juggle competing priorities and demonstrates the ability to focus team on priorities that matter most.
- Impactful Communication: Is a strong communicator who can motivate a team to align around a vision and values, and keep people informed; is an excellent listener and has a communication style that is adaptable to a variety of settings; is effective at delivering presentations.
- Building Talent: Builds talent by making coaching and professional development a priority, values diverse talent; delegates appropriately and manages consistently; fosters an environment of knowledge sharing.
Demonstrates resilience, persistence and curiosity.
- Relationship Building: Builds trust and is known as an effective team player and collaborator, builds collegial networks and leverages both formal and informal networks to achieve objectives.
- Bias for Growth: Is willing to take an unpopular stand to challenge the status quo, uses logic and data to improve performance, and seeks out creative ideas, practices and solutions to get better results, challenges conventional thinking, and builds support for new ideas.