Payroll Analyst at Black Creek Group
Posted in Management 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
About the job:
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for the bi-monthly, multi-state processing of payroll for approx. 450 employees. The position will perform a variety of payroll processing activities including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, reviewing, auditing and troubleshooting payroll-related documents for processing. In addition to traditional payroll processing functions, the Payroll and Compensation Analyst will be the point person for all information requests of payroll-related data to be extracted from the payroll system (Ceridian Dayforce) and imported into Excel for manipulation by Human Resources and Compensation management personnel.
- Manage funding of payroll into Paymaster from multiple business entities
- Gain an understanding and apply a working knowledge of internal payroll allocations/funding transactions
- Complete tax reconciliation on a semimonthly/quarterly/yearly basis
- Prepare and reconcile bi-monthly payroll previews
- Perform audits to ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll related activities
- Calculate gross pay for new hires and terminations based on start/term date
- Process benefit deduction reports and send electronic files to HR and/or vendors as applicable and for timely funding
- Perform root cause analysis to discover and resolve issues and discrepencies; identify internal control gaps recommend process/procedural enhancements
- Reconcile new hire information in Ceridian Dayforce and audit information against new hire documents (offer letter, W-4, direct deposit)
- Collect timecards and enter into Ceridian Dayforce for affected hourly employees
- Correctly administer the application of leave of absences and related paid or unpaid time off requests (i.e., short term disability pay)
- Review all employee changes for accuracy and reasonableness
- Partner closely with human resource personnel to ensure payroll records are accurate and timely
- Monitor and accurately apply unique payments (i.e., service award payments, items, gross-up payments, spot and/or off-cycle bonuses, etc.)
- Be a point of contact for internal and external payroll questions and verifications of employment
- Prepare, record and maintain new hire and payroll reports
- Become familiar with the application and processing of stock dividend payments, long term incentive payments, and other related payments; process such payments upon request
- Actively participate in system trainings and Ceridian Dayforce user meetings
- Complete the full cycle of payroll activities in the absence of the Payroll Manager
- Complete various duties and ad hoc requests as assigned by the Payroll Manager
Compensation Data Management
- Extract data from Ceridian based on earnings and deduction codes and export into Excel. Prepare data in Excel ensuring completeness and accuracy and appropriate presentation for management to utilize for ad-hoc reporting.
- Design reports in Excel to accurately and effectively upload data into Ceridian for payroll processing.
- Develop Excel reports to manipulate payroll data to effectively test the accuracy of data in the payroll system.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in maintaining and updating the Excel payroll allocation file which allocates all components of employee payroll across multiple reporting entities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The position typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of payroll processing experience in a multi-state environment.
- CPP preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple requests required.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
- Requires knowledge and effective application of federal and state payroll laws.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications, including intermediate to advance Excel skills required.
- Strong desire to enhance both technical and logical Excel skills to support the data needs of the Human Resources and Compensation functions.
- Ability to learn tasks quickly and often with minimal instruction required.
- Ability to work independently and with general supervision required.