Associate, Finance & Debt Capital Markets at Black Creek Group
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
#About the Job
This position will work with the Debt Capital Markets, FP&A, and Accounting teams on financing transactions, lending relationships, cash / liquidity reporting and forecasting, hedging, and treasury operations. Certain functions described below shall be shared across company platforms.
Debt Capital Markets
- Calculate, monitor and report in-place and projected financial covenants for corporate and secured financings, including recourse obligations – for internal and external purposes
- Ongoing tracking of secured and unsecured debt markets, debt strategies, debt tracking, etc.
- Prepare loan abstracts for newly closed loans and update quarterly financing summary
- Periodically update finance dashboard to be used for acquisition underwriting
- Track ancillary business for primary lending relationships
- Work with the FP&A team, complete miscellaneous projects related to the firm's capital raising and investment initiatives on a time-sensitive basis, including public market comparable company analyses, M&A valuation work, and joint venture structural evaluations
- Assist in conducting capital market research by analyzing comparable company financial reports, analyst research, economic reports, and general real estate research
- Produce tenant credit research reports for acquisitions and ongoing portfolio management
- Assist with structuring, negotiating, and closing loans
- Prepare financing request packages, including updating Argus and property underwriting for potential lenders
- Provide due diligence and underwriting information to potential lenders
- Summarize and analyze financing quotes received
- Assist in implementing and monitoring interest rate hedges including swaps and caps, reviewing hedging implications from an accounting and finance perspective and maintaining ongoing regulatory compliance and ISDA documentation
- Other ad hoc analyses and reporting
- Perform day to day treasury activities of the organization related to operational cash flow, borrowings, debt and capital management, plus ongoing capital/cash flow projections for project-level and consolidated operating purposes (near term sources and uses)
- Partner with FP&A team on forecasting, treasury management and certain corporate modeling activities, including periodic reports to management regarding cash activities
- Monitor and optimize cash balances and either pay down debt or invest cash in short-term fixed income vehicles to maximize returns and preserve principal
- Manage loan draw requests and line of credit borrowings/repayments for unsecured and secured debt (including multiple construction loans)
- Determine and implement treasury management software requirements
- Serve as System Administrator for Treasury related systems
- Maintain policies and strong internal controls over the treasury and risk management functions, including online banking platform administration, and partner with accounting on testing and improvement of the control environment.
- Work with Debt Capital Markets and Accounting teams to research programs for investing excess cash
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree (in finance or accounting is preferred) and minimum of 5 years of applicable work experience is required.
- Prior experience in the following areas also preferred: cash management, liquidity planning and control, management of interest, procurement of finance and financial investments, banking and agency ratings, and corporate finance. * Excellent written and communication skills required.
- The incumbent must be a proactive, good listener, collaborative problem-solver, self-motivated and a team-oriented individual.
- Proficiency in Argus, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required; Argus certification preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities required. Willingness and ability to travel required.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information required.
- High ethical standards required.