Sr. Financial Analyst at ADP (Automatic Data Processing)
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: NORFOLK, Virginia
Work Location(s): Norfolk, VA, US
ADP is hiring an Sr. Analyst, Finance. The Worldwide Finance team partners with the Worldwide organizations. This role will support the Senior Directors of Finance that support the Operations team. Key activities supported include: Expense tracking and management, policy interpretation, channel, and marketing strategies. The Analyst, Finance will support the Sr. Directors of Finance in partnering with the and business leaders in providing strategic and financial insights that lead to the achievement of financial and business goals. The Analyst of Finance is primarily responsible for providing expense manage and analytical support for events to management and other partners. The Analyst assists with the research and analyses of trends, leading indicators and business statistics. Utilizing the data infrastructure by extracting, aggregating, and dissecting financial data and performance metrics, the Analyst highlights findings for management review. In addition, the Analyst performs research and leverages internal and external data to provide input for tax purposes, business case development and business opportunities and risks.
Insightful Expertise is a core value at ADP and in Corporate Finance, our colleagues around the world depend on us for that. Whether it’s a new product in development, a new technology under consideration, a new business acquisition or a new office opening – Corporate Finance plays a critical role in ADP’s growth. We are a passionate partner committed to ADP’s success – and are looking for like-minded individuals who want to be part of our winning team.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Uses deep understanding of objectives, issues and root causes and provides insightful, fact-based data analysis to help solve complex problems
- Creates financial models, research and analyses of trends, leading indicators and business statistics
- Utilizes data infrastructure by extracting, aggregating, and dissecting financial data and performance metrics; highlights findings for management review
- Partners with Key Stakeholders and Business Partners to align on business priorities and drive effective solutions/execution.
- Constructively communicates compelling arguments based on facts and data, and obtains necessary buy-in to deliver on business objectives
Strategic Planning and Initiatives:
- Supports Finance leadership in assisting management to develop strategies and initiatives to drive growth and margin improvements.
- Assists in the development of business cases and recommendations on financial strategies focused on business growth/market presence and margin improvement
Operating Planning and Forecasting:
- Supports Finance leaders in creating an annual events operating plan that is aligned to the strategic plan and performs forecasting to provide visibility into business results to enable business decisions
Financial Operational Policy:
- Ensures continued compliance finance policies and procedures. Management Reporting and Financial Close Activities:
- Produces and distributes recurring and ad hoc management reports.
Responsible for financial reporting accuracy; partners with shared services organizations and ensures adequate control environment to mitigate financial and business risks in collaboration with process owners
- BS – Accounting , Finance, Economics or equivalent
- At least 3-5 Years of Experience in Finance
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Business Analysis and Acumen: Demonstrates organized and disciplined problem solving skills; has solid analytical skills and uses persistence, experience and judgment to solve problems and offer insights.
- Information Management Acumen: Has solid desktop application skills, specifically strong Excel skills including the ability to create basic macros; familiarity with Hyperion is preferred; learns new technology quickly and is adept at using data to create reports.
- Influential Business Partner: Builds working relationships and is a proactive communicator who conveys messages clearly; understands the importance of good communications (informing, involving), demonstrates a comfort in speaking up, and can deal with conflict.
- Results Accountability: Delivers consistently on commitments with high standards of execution.
- Impactful Communication: Demonstrates flexible communications based on the setting and purpose of a situation, keeping people informed, demonstrates strong listening skills;
- Building Talent: Demonstrates resilience, persistence and intellectual curiosity: takes initiative, works hard at difficult tasks, and is interested in learning new things.
- Relationship Building: Builds trust and is known as an effective team player and collaborator, builds collegial networks and leverages both formal and informal networks to achieve objectives.
- Bias for Growth: Is willing to take an unpopular stand to challenge the status quo, uses logic and data to improve performance, and seeks out creative ideas, practices and solutions to get better results, challenges conventional thinking, and builds support for new ideas.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.