Lead Diesel Mechanic/Tech at Kieffer Sanitation / Waste Connection
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gillette, Wyoming
Job TitleLead Diesel Mechanic/Tech
Requisition Primary LocationGillette, Wyoming
We are looking for a high energy Lead Diesel Mechanic to join the team at our Hauling location in Gillette, WY. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
Monday through Friday with some occasional Saturdays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL preferred or ability to obtain in the future.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed. 45 hours a week average.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.