Food Safety Specialist at Cargill
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lititz, Pennsylvania
Position Purpose & Summary
A Food Safety Specialist I is responsible for providing specialized knowledge of specific segments of our Food Safety systems and/or plant processes. Examples of specialization include: food safety and quality auditing, instrumentation, specific product line knowledge, computers systems (data management), management and/or oversight of suppliers and other needed focus areas. This position may be directly tied to production area(s) providing support for specialized testing, input to process management, plant trials, pest control and/or sanitation. The process support includes broad encompassing areas such as: design of experiments, evaluation of new equipment, coordination of projects, training of operations as well as auditing of process performance and systems, food safety risk assessment, calibration and/or development of new instrumentation or computer systems. This position will be involved in preparation and participation in customer audits. On an enterprise level, this position works with their counterparts at other locations to share local practices and identify and implement best practices at their locations. These positions also act as enterprise resource helping with startups, problem resolution at locations and terminals, and in some cases providing technical advice to our operations overseas.
35% In-depth management of the location Food Safety management systems (i.e. food safety processes/programs, instrumentation, computers, specific product lines or other quality systems, etc.), providing continuous improvement support for operations or other functional areas where needed. Emphasis will be food safety driven. Management of documentation systems including creating and modifying site level food safety related documents. Site PCQI and Food Safety/HACCP team leadership.
30% Process monitoring, system improvement support, specialized testing, training, plant trials, auditing of systems and performance.
25% Customer and supplier interaction, presentations, incident management, enterprise and local execution of best practice initiatives. Key role in hosting customer and leading team responses during customer audits.
10% Miscellaneous job related duties as assigned i.e. process improvement projects, recruiting and interviewing of new employees and assisting other locations with process startups and projects, back up FSQR Leader/other Specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 year FSQR Experience OR 7 years of FSQR Experience
- Demonstrated technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement skills
- Knowledge of FSMA requirements including knowledge of HACCP and preventive controls
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Able to travel when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science field.
- Project management skills.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or training
- Flexible, able to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to impact team cultures without direct reporting
- Experience with the management of sanitation and product integrity systems such as foreign material controls