Human Service Worker - FT - Chase Center - SUN-THURS 12am-8am at COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS INC
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Waterbury, Connecticut
Client supervision and program operations. Implement all Agency policies and procedures pertaining to the safety and security of clients, Agency property and the community. Provide a safe environment while facilitating counseling, advocacy, and support.
Human Service Worker I generally work during the third shift when clients are sleeping or in some cases, during the first shift in residences where clients are not in the building during the day.
• Maintain paper and electronic client files and ensure compliance with Agency policy regarding confidential information. This confidentiality must be maintained even if you are no longer an employee of CSI.
• Report to work 15 minutes before their scheduled shift for example staff hires for the 4pm-12am shift are required to report to work by 3:45pm.
o Provide update on any client issues and incidents.
o Verify all physical items being passed between shifts.
o Ensure security of facility keys.
o Any client funds that have been passed for 24 hours are to be deposited in the safe and documented in the financial log.
• Conduct employment, job search and home confinement spot checks on each shift.
• Conduct common area, room searches and perimeter searches as assigned and document results in CSI electronic data collection system immediately after task is completed.
• Conduct pat/pocket searches on all clients entering the facility and document results in CSI electronic data collection system immediately after task is completed.
o Confiscate any contraband found and complete incident report, DAR or Federal Incident Report (Ticket) per policy and Statement of Work.
o If the contraband is money issue the client a receipt and deposit the money in the safe following policy and procedure for handling client funds.
• Complete house counts every hour from Midnight to 8am and every 2 hours from 8am to 10pm and document results in CSI electronic data collection system immediately after task is completed. It is a requirement that you conduct house counts as follows:
• Transport Clients as needed in a Company vehicle.
• Conduct monthly emergency drills.
• Secure urines from same sex clients and complete all required paperwork and electronic documentation in the CSI data collection systems on the day the data is obtained.
• Supervise all client visitation.
• Sign all visitors and contractors in and out of the facility.
• Complete intake on all new arrivals prior to the end of your shift.
• Facilitate client orientation as assigned.
• Facilitate all client movement in and out of the facility. Ensure all required documentation is accurate and complete before allowing a client to leave the facility.
• Monitor client’s self-administration of medication.
o Check all food being delivered to the program and ensure all clients have a meal.
• FBOP Programs only:
Home Confinement clients – you may be required to:Secure urine specimen and Breathalyzer test at the HC site. Conduct a search of the client’s vehicle while at the HC site.Conduct spot checks at the clients HC or employment site.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position at any time.
Must be able to get to and from the assigned program and training at other locations.
Must notify CSI of any criminal or MV history and must notify CSI of any police contact for criminal or MV violations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A Bachelor’s degree plus one year experience in the social service or criminal justice field.
• Education may be substituted with relevant experience on a one year for one year basis.
• Valid drivers license.
CSI offers great benefits which include two weeks’ vacation with progressive increases, sick time, floating holiday time. Benefits also include medical, dental, vision, FSA, voluntary STD, Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in the company 401k plan where the company matches 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.