Principal Systems Engineer IV- Control Systems at DRS Technologies
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – Saint Louis, MO
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc. is seeking a full-time Control Systems Engineer with expertise in the analysis, modeling, simulation, and control of electro-mechanical systems. This position requires a knowledge of precision-stabilized pointing and tracking systems, with experience in the development of feedback control laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget.
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable.
- Ability to lead major problem resolution efforts and support regaining or attaining customer partnership status.
- Responsible for requirements engineering, architectural design, M&S, SE documentation, risk management, verification and validation, and completion of activities on time and budget.
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).
- Study alternative concepts and use of simulations to predict system performance.
- Enforce systems engineering design process and integrate into program plans.
- Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget.
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable.
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments.
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services.
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements.
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks.
- Participates in preparation of the technical content of the complex and significant proposals.
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Bachelor Degree (M.S. or PhD preferred) in Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 5 years of experience with a concentration in Control Systems
- Demonstrated analytical skills and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must possess or have ability to obtain or reactivate a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance.
- INCOSE ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP certification or other SE credential preferred
- Familiarity with linear and non-linear systems, power spectral densities, disturbance rejection, inertial measurement units, Matlab, and Simulink.
- Experience in optics, detection, recognition, identification, and tracking is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Visio.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY