Equipment Operator at Waste Connections
Posted in Military/Defense 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Aberdeen, Washington
Job TitleEquipment Operator
Requisition Primary LocationAberdeen, Washington
Shift is Monday - Friday 9am to 5:30pm until fully trained , then will change to Tuesday-Saturday 9am to 5:30pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to efficiently operate excavator, wheel loaders, front end loaders and forklifts.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Tuesday - Saturday from 9AM - 5:30PM.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment is required.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Education:High School (Required)