Heavy Equipment Operator Lead at Waste Connections Vancouver, WA
Posted in Military/Defense 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Job TitleHeavy Equipment Operator Lead
Requisition Primary LocationVancouver, Washington
We have an immediate position available for an Equipment Operator Lead at our Transfer Station in Vancouver, WA. The primary duties of this job are to run front end loaders. You will be running a skid steer and forklifts as well as driving roll off trucks and tractor trailer around the yard. On top of equipment operating you will also work with the public and will assist will cleaning and labor duties. We are looking for candidates with heavy equipment experience (Loaders, Dozer, Excavators, Graders, Backhoes, ect.)
This position is 10am-9pm Wednesday through Sunday. (our facility is closed on Sundays). Hours may fluctuate to start.
This position is on our 2nd Shift (B) 1Pm-11Pm
We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Along with 401K! Paid time off!
Please apply online at https://wasteconnections.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/2051W-CRC-West-Vancouver/Forklift-Operator_R-04818-1
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, wheel loaders, motor grader, scraper, and Compactor experience.
- Pushing garbage onto an incline belt
- Loading recycle materials in a hopper
- Loading, dump trucks, open top trailers, pushing up piles of yard debris, rubble
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Assisting customers and employees as needed
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3-5 years of Heavy Equipment experience
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Proven experience in operating front end loaders (other heavy equipment is a plus!)
- Ability to be self-directed as well as work in a team environment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).