Adjunct Nursing Instructor at West Coast University
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
Nursing Instructor – Bachelor of Science Nursing Program (Adjunct)
Who We Are…
West Coast University is a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals.
We are industry leaders in helping individuals pursue their educational and professional dreams.
We are strategic and strive to be the best in our industry.
We are a growing and reputable University.
Who We Are Seeking…
If you are a Registered Nurse that wants to mentor and teach the next generation of nurses, this is the job for you!!!
We are currently seeking an Adjunct Nursing Instructor to teach Mental Health and Pediatrics courses at our Los Angeles campus in North Hollywood, CA. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional individual to join a growing organization.
· You are focused extensively on student and program learning outcomes.
· You are a leader who provides support, serves as an educator, role model, mentor, and facilitator.
· You create an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability.
· You actively participate in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes.
· You uphold the culture of academic integrity and have a keen understanding of the higher education industry along with other relevant trends.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
· A Master or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education, or administration
· Graduates from the West Coast University Master of Science in Nursing program, who meet the minimum experience requirement as a registered nurse, are eligible for consideration as a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
· Completion of at least one (1) years’ experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes Practice in Teaching Registered Nursing. Submit official course description to verify course content.
· Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned, which can be met by: (A) One (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area; or (B) One (1) academic year or of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent.
· Flexible hours
· Networking opportunities
· Continued Education provided
· Growth opportunities
· Foot in the door in an educational environment
· Impact the next generation of nursing students
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.