Mid Market Account Executive at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
A Little About Us
Oath is the new opportunity created by the merger of Yahoo and AOL under Verizon. For the first time, one sales team is now able to sell AOL, MSN, and Yahoo! all with the power of Verizon's data and technology. Among other advantages, this is the value proposition our AD's can offer their clients at Oath.
The result: Our clients can efficiently promote their products and services to billions of consumers with one buy, in any format they choose: Search, Native, Sponsorships, Video, Mobile, Social and DSP, all with true 1st party data from 1B+ users. They also have exclusive opportunities on Yahoo, AOL and MSN properties they can't get anywhere else.
We are a team in the truest sense: smart, motivated, professionals who cheer for their peers when they win, and help them up when they miss. Our culture is fueled by collaboration and great camaraderie between AD's as well as the leadership team. We thrive in consistent change, and win by identifying the the best opportunities for our clients. This reputation precedes us and has been built over 16 years. We are a best-in-class sales team that has fun selling a product we can (and should) believe in.
This role is a hunter AND farmer role. Find it, close it, keep it, grow it.
A Lot About You
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in online and/or traditional media sales and a comfortability with adtech. We're looking for energetic self-starters with a consultative sales approach who are proactive in finding new business, and growing / cross-selling current clients.
The perfect candidate is expected to hit a sales quota through a high volume of outbound activity, coupled with the understanding of Oath's mission and the ability to articulate our value proposition to advertisers.
Keys to Your Success
- Be a student of Oath and the digital media landscape
- The marketplace is changing fast - Don't chase the ball; get ahead of where it will be
- Adopt and evangelize all platforms, products and opportunities appropriate on a client by client basis
- Identify new clients, bring them on board, rinse, repeat
- Engage and strategize with clients (agency and client direct) at all levels: From junior planners to CEO's
- Provide in-category thought leadership and competitive insights both to clients and our team
- Own your business. Develop new prospecting strategies, create new value propositions for clients... focus on initiative
- Navigate internally with various business units to create compelling media solutions for advertisers
- Ability to learn quickly. Our top performers work to find the answers they need, but aren't afraid to ask for help either
- 3+ years of overall sales experience, preferably in online marketing or adtech
- BA/BS degree in business or related field
- Proven and demonstrable track record of outperforming
- Be comfortable closing 6 and 7 figure deals
- Willingness to travel
- An even-keeled attitude and high-level effort that doesn't waiver
- Be a true team player
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at email@example.com, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.