Senior Financial Analyst, Emerging Franchises at Activision Publishing Inc
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
Senior Financial Analyst, Emerging Franchises
Santa Monica, CA
Activision is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and financially minded individual to join the Activision Publishing Finance team. This position will support financial analysis & reporting and specifically demonstrate a strong aptitude for technical, financial modelling. The core functions of the role will include supporting the Annual Operating Plan, Quarter Close, Quarterly Forecast, Weekly Pacing, title Greenlight, and Long-Range Planning processes. Problem solving, prioritizing the need for timely answers and attention to detail must be second nature. The Senior Financial Analyst must thrive in a rapidly evolving environment and be adept to driving meaningful results. Our team is lean, dynamic, and focused - which means you will have real responsibility and have meaningful impact across various teams and processes.
Quarterly Forecast / Weekly Pacing
- Support the coordination of forecast inputs from all functions (sales, marketing, etc.)
- Interface with regional finance teams to consolidate and manage financial rollup of global P&L for Emerging Franchise titles
- Prepare various analyses that drive business insight and frame financial risks and opportunities
- Create and present executive review materials for the forecast and pacing narrative specific to Emerging Franchises
- Partner with functional and regional teams to build bottom-up plan for performance and expenditures in the year ahead, across the entire P&L
- Create and present executive review materials that consolidate and communicate business unit financial strategy
- Partner with product marketing team to build bottom-up life of product plan for upcoming titles
- Partner with product management team and studio team to plan against financial and development milestones
- Create and present executive review materials in Greenlight meetings
- Partner with product marketing team on key financial, strategic, business model, or other analysis as needed
- Provide sensitivity analysis, SKU plan modeling, benchmarking support, and other explorative analysis as needed
- Serve as key consolidation point of global pricing reserves
- Partner with regional finance teams to drive consistent, strategic pricing decisions
- Create and present executive review materials for quarter close pricing reserve meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in operations finance, FP&A, management consulting or investment banking
- Strong user of Excel, PowerPoint and financial management tools
- Experience with Essbase is preferred
- Strong financial modeling and ability to translate core business fundamentals into a financial model
- Strong personal presence and communication to work across finance, marketing, development, and executive leadership in pursuit of business goals
- Ability to work and problem solve independently, to prioritize multiple or competing workflows, and manage time effectively
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to approach business problems from multiple perspectives
- High energy; passion for games is a plus
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Destiny®.