Sr Manager, Network Architecture & Automation at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The Network Architecture & Automation team handles the evolution, direction, and programmability for all things network. We are seeking a world class individual with a strong network architectural and development background and a passion for networking. This candidate will be managing a team of highly skilled network architects and automation engineers to drive the architecture and NetDevOps principles to solve and scale the for the Verizon Digital Media Services CDN (formerly EdgeCast).
- Manage a team of network architects and automation engineers
- Experience in software development process, workflow, and agile frameworks
- Actively participate in evolving, planning, design, and deliverying architectural and automation projects/services in effort to meet business objectives
- Help identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Network Architecture & Automation team; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices
- Experience in large complex ISP or cloud environments and architecting scaled solutions
- Strong knowledge of routing (BGP/MPLS), switching (BGP/MPLS) & TCP/IP protocol stack
- Experience with network technologies/protocols and design using (Juniper, Arista, Quagga/Bird, ExaBGP)
- Highly proficient in *nix networking and Python development
- Experience with automation orchestration using Ansible
- Experience with a variety of datastores and related big data tools (e.g. Postgres, CockroachDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka) a major plus
- Experience with SDN/NFV concepts
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.