VP, Operations at Gartner, Inc.
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Improve operational effectiveness of the IT Leaders & Technical Professionals Research & Advisory business. Oversee continuous improvements in operational execution, planning resource investments to support future content needs, and deep customer usage and financial analysis to target growth opportunities.
- Analyze customer, financial, and operational data to identify needed improvement areas.
- Generate regular analyses and reports that highlight individuals, teams, content, and sales channels where targeted attention could drive substantive business improvements.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and develop innovative solutions that drive operational efficiency and improved client retention and NCVI
- Prepare and conduct detailed analysis (including financial modeling) that provide insight and guidance for making informed operational and strategic decisions, including Practice budget management and building business cases for growth investments
- Drive weekly Practice leadership meetings - build the agenda, manage guest speakers, ensure execution of action items
- Cultivate strong and mutually respectful relationships across the organization, including Sales, Product, and Service (EP, LP, and CP organizations).
- Identify and communicate proven best practices across ITLTP to ensure operational consistency and improve growth and execution.
- Work across ITLTP Leaders and across R&A with other Chiefs of Staff to ensure best practices and efficiencies are identified and rolled out across all practices within R&A
- Serve as point of contact for other business units' operational teams engaging with ITLTP
- Identification of fundamental improvements needed in operational execution, must-have Research content, compelling client interactions, product innovations and sales communications
- Continuous improvements in operational effectiveness of the ITLTP group.
- Quality & speed of execution of operational and strategic improvements for the Practice and for R&A overall
- Improvements in client engagement and impact (QVR, IVR, readership, inquiry and POC responsiveness) and ultimately retention and NCVI for the Tech practice
- Improved effectiveness of SVP, enabling time to coach Group Team Managers, work across business units, and guide longer-term strategy of the group
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree in an analytical or operational field preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressive business experience, preferably in a Financial Analytics, Strategy or Business Operations role
- Knowledge and experience in working with Gartner resources (GEAR, OBIEE dashboards, BIC) highly desirable
- Experience managing multiple projects, and working at both analytical and strategic levels, simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to own, manage and complete projects.
- Analytical thought process - the ability to break down a complex problem into solvable components, and then finding the fact base to prove/disprove hypotheses about root causes of those components
- Excel and quantitative skills - generating pivot tables to extract key insights from large data sets; segmenting customers or behaviors into distinct groups which can be targeted for improvement. Database and statistical analysis skills a plus.
- Written, visual, and verbal communications - being able to summarize complex data sets into elegantly simple summaries which focus attention on the most important causes of a challenge. Strength in typical delivery modes required: Excel (details), PPT (summary), and verbal presentation (team/partner review)
- Project management - the ability to manage project components and ensure completion by deadline, both for personal responsibilities and for others on the critical path
- Excellent organization skills. Time Management and Task flexibility. Ability to multitask and change priorities as needed.
Job ID 00018850