Engineer or Specialist - Air Permitting and Compliance (Colorado Springs) at Kinder Morgan
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Opportunity for a self-starter who enjoys working independently and being part of a valuable team that is fast-paced and streamlined to address business growth, daily business operations, and environmental issues. Candidate will provide air quality compliance, permitting and technical support to Kinder Morgan's natural gas business unit, operations and engineering departments. Position will be based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Position may be filled as a Specialist, Engineer, or Sr. Engineer depending on skills and experience.
- Complete various air permit and compliance submittals.
- Complete permit applications and obtain permits for new or modified facilities.
- Track and interpret air quality regulations and advise management on future potential and likely concerns and issues.
- Interact directly with federal, state, tribal, and local officials.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with operations, engineering, and business development management and staff.
- Monitor schedules, budgets and evaluate the work of third party air contractors.
- Review and analyze results of emissions testing and environmental compliance inspections.
- Represent the company on industry committees pertaining to air quality.
- Provide 24/7 support to Company's emergency response and reporting requirements.
- Travel as required; anticipated travel will be up to 20% time away from the office including overnight stays; motor vehicle and air travel anticipated.
- Deal with a wide variety of people and personalities with tact, courtesy and professionalism across multiple business units, including, but not limited to: other employees, all levels of management, vendors, agencies, and customers.
- Write effectively and understand verbal and written communications.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal and listening skills.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of job performance.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly and monthly duties along with special projects, as assigned.
- Carry a company-provided cell phone and respond during working hours and non-working hours as required.
BS or BA in Engineering, Physical or Environmental Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience preparing and submitting emissions inventories, air permit applications and other environmental compliance requirements/documentation.
- Demonstrated experience performing regulatory analyses, including interpretation of agency rules, regulations, and guidance.
- Working knowledge of the Clean Air Act, state/local/tribal air quality regulations, Title V compliance requirements, source emission calculations using EPA or industry standard procedures, air pollution control technologies, and dispersion modeling.
- Working knowledge of Greenhouse Gas regulations.
- Excellent written communication and oral communication skills, including experience providing training and interacting directly with federal, state, or local officials.
- Proficient in using standard spreadsheet, word processing, and database software, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Team player who is open to coaching others and being coached and follows through on commitments.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details and follow work rules.
- Must also be able to work autonomously to successfully perform the required and expected duties with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict and sometimes simultaneous deadlines.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Up to 20% travel is required and anticipated.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
- Record of successfully conducting regulatory analyses and developing cost effective implementation strategies for air quality matters at natural gas treatment, processing, transmission, and storage facilities.
- Experience implementing and/or using OpsInfo or other Environmental Management Information Systems.
- Experience coordinating air compliance and management programs with operations personnel.
- Working knowledge of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and tribal air quality rules, regulations and guidance.
- Experience with RACT/BACT/LAER, MACT/NESHAP, NSPS, and NSR/PSD.
- Experience with LDAR programs.
- Experience with emissions and compliance responsibilities for natural gas compressor stations.
- Experience with environmental due diligence.
- Experience with project and financial budget development and implementation.
- Professional Engineer certification is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.