Territory Sales Manager - Great Lakes Region at Timken
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This Territory Sales Manager position is for the Great Lakes Region for our EDT Corp product line. We are seeking a candidate to travel locally and manage the sales territory from a home-based office. The Great Lakes Region consists of the following states: Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, and North Dakota.
The Territory Manager is responsible for growing the business' market position by locating, developing, negotiating, closing, and managing channel business relationships as well as maintaining and growing existing OEM relationships in partnership with the THU Manager of Sales & Marketing. The position directs, establishes, maintains, and assists in plans for the overall policies and goals of the territory sales function and implements territory initiatives. The position identifies potential channel business partners and identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with potential customers. The Territory Manager works with operations, business development, marketing, and the sales team to align with the business' growth strategy.
- Territory sales quota - attain the annual assigned Territory Sales quota
- Territory Channel Sales Plan - be accountable for the Territory Channel Sales Plan - develop, maintain, monitor, and manage assigned territory:
- Distributor recruitment
- Distributor performance management including ongoing review of Distributor Report Cards and performing any remedial action, as required
- Implementation of Distributor Revenue quotas and other appropriate metrics in conjunction with Distributor Functional discount requirements
- Training and development of Distributor salesforce
- Manage and administer Distributor Agreements
- Continual market monitoring and identification of potential additional Distributors to ensure complete market coverage
- Channel Sales Development - Research, develop, and implement strategic territory sales initiatives and programs in conjunction with channel partners to achieve the Territory Sales Plan
- Plan and implement strategies to identify opportunities, penetrate new business, and expand the market share within the territory
- Function as the manager and primary liaison between EDT and channel partners, assisting with strategic account closure on an exception basis while holding partners accountable for management and goal attainment of assigned territory
- Personally identify or propose potential strategic opportunities in conjunction with channel partners by contacting potential customers, discovering and exploring needs, and qualifying and defining business potential
- Qualify potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potentials, and financials; evaluating options
- Assist in closing new strategic business deals by developing and coordinating requirements and overseeing all aspects of the sales process.
- Collaborate and partner with Engineer to facilitate technical presentations, etc.
- Manage and represent the business during industry functions and tradeshows, as required
- OEM Account Management
- Work with THU Manager of Sales & Marketing to protect, grow, and maximize revenues in all existing territory OEM accounts as Account Managers and owners of this customer base
- Partner with THU Manager of Sales & Marketing as needed in pursuit of select new OEM accounts
Other duties as assigned
AA degree in business or related field; or equivalent experience
3-5 years sales experience, preferably in bearing industry / industrial or food and beverage industry
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Canton
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Regional Manager, Sales Management, Business Development, Marketing Manager, Management, Sales, Marketing