Metadata Specialist at Best Buy
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Richfield, Minnesota
Are you the type of person that organizes all of your personal digital photos in detail on your laptop? Do you pay special attention to small details in verbal and written communication and have an interest in Marketing? Then this role may be for you.
The metadata specialist serves as a resource to stakeholders and end-users of the Enterprise DAM system. The specialist will collaborate with the metadata lead and the digital asset team to create descriptive, administrative and technical metadata on all asset types stored in DAM while following Best Buy’s metadata requirements and industry best practices. The metadata specialist will aid the metadata lead in maintaining schemas, and performing asset audits.
- Subject Matter Expert for the asset lifecycle including ingestion, metadata, archive and preservation. Entry and validation of metadata for marketing repositories, which empower Enterprise users to quickly and effectively find assets that enable on-brand marketing efforts, and increases the reuse of assets. Perform quality control on all assets ingested into DAM.
- Partner with the metadata lead to prepare training for end users on the importance of metadata, how to enter metadata and how to utilize metadata for searching. Ongoing education of end users on metadata best practices via documentation or in-person training.
- Run DAM reports to perform audits. Provide timely communication back to users on how to improve metadata entry. Maintenance of documentation for training, SOP’s and knowledge sharing for digital asset team.
- Migration of legacy assets and metadata to current DAM system. Populating missing descriptive metadata, as well as relationship metadata to current assets. Populating new required values into metadata fields.
- Other duties as assigned that may include reviewing vendor submitted product images, applying metadata and moving through the content workflow for marketing and dot com.
- 6 months of experience in digital asset management, metadata or library science
- 1 year of Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and basic Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- 1 year of experience in preservation and archiving metadata standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science