Account Executive II - Walmart Northeast at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Job Posting End Date:March 23, 2018
Job Profile:30025334 - Account Executive II
Company:0101 Coca-Cola North America
Function:Sales and Acct Mgmt
Open for Referrals:
Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Account Executive II is responsible for identifying opportunities within Walmart and Sam’s Club in the Northeast market. Responsible for maximizing profitable sales opportunities by thoroughly understanding the complexities of the channel or customer's business and building enduring relationships based on trust and integrity with that customer's Region and Market teams. Develop and successfully sell customer plans that include annual business plans, strategic and tactical pricing plans, and national promotional plans that support the customer's and the Coca-Cola systems business objectives and strategies.
- Works alongside the VP of Sales to steward Joint Business Plans with the Customer and Bottler, outlining key strategies, initiatives and tactics for the Coca-Cola system.
- Accountable for assigned Walmart Regional/Market Manager Account management
- Develop executional plans and tracking systems to ensure effective implementation of all annual plans and strategic initiatives.
- Manages communication with Bottling system and customer field network to ensure constant application of strategies as outlined in the Annual Business Plan and flawless execution of programs.
- Aligns system resources and collaborates cross-functionally to implement marketing/operational programs according to plan, schedule, and budget.
- Acts as an enterprise-wide customer expert to ensure that the Coca-Cola system understands Walmart’s objectives, strategies, positioning, and needs - and that Company programs are consistent with Coca-Cola North America /Bottler requirements
- Responsible for problem solving operational or executional issues with customers and/or bottlers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with a high school diploma required
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years in consumer goods industry.
- Minimum of 2 years in sales/marketing and major account management.
- Experience working with Nielsen and other syndicated data.
- Experience in developing successful annual business plans and price/package for retail customers.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Above average computer skills.
- Two years in the Coca-Cola system
- Working knowledge of Cooperative Trade Marketing/Cooperative Marketing Agreement/channel pricing systems
- Experience working with Walmart and Sam’s Club
Education:Bachelors Degree or University
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.