Supply Chain Analyst ∞ (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst for the Infection Prevention Division in the Health Care Business Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Infection Prevention Division is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team in Maplewood, MN to improve will improve business results by analyzing and improving processes utilizing Lean/Six Sigma methodologies to increase the velocity of material flow from raw materials to the end-customer. This person will provide logistical operations support within the areas of demand, supply & production planning, customer service and inventory management through effective use of Supply Chain systems and Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, scheduling, and procuring raw materials for various work centers within a variety of 3M sites and Outsource locations.
- Support Sales & Operations Planning to support crewing, capacity and material flow decisions.
- Supporting strategic sourcing through procurement and scheduling to achieve source of supply changes and dual sourcing initiatives for Purchased Finished Goods within assigned product line(s).
- Lead and/or participate in Lean Six Sigma projects/implementations that identify and improve customer service, inventory investment and supply chain efficiency
- Analyzes variability within the supply chain in all areas including supply, transportation and demand as inputs to drive appropriate buffer levels in meeting IPD business targets for service and inventory and deliver the results to the Global Business Team for given product line(s.)
- Develop stocking strategies and monitor customer service levels at distribution centers including critical global DCs.
- Provide project leadership as required for SOS changes, New Product Introductions, Product Discontinuations, Supply Chain Systems changes or improvements, etc.
- Identify ways to improve customer service, inventory investment, and supply chain efficiency to achieve measurable results.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) combined year of experience in logistics and/or supply chain in a private, public, government or military environment (internship/co-op experience applies)
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field
- Current APICS certification or willing to pursue
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or above
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a plant manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Business Objects, i2 Rhythm planning/analysis tools, PeopleSoft, COMS, GGSM Minitab, and SCPA
- Experience with SAP
- Experience problem solving, troubleshooting, working with process analysis and improvement, and project management is desired
- Good people skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent organization skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Good work habits - timely, thorough, and dependable
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
See job description.