Construction Inspector at Greenman-Pedersen Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Lebanon, New JerseyJob Description:
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category Construction Inspection
GPI is looking for highly qualified, detail-oriented construction inspectors to work on various transportation infrastructure construction projects in New Jersey. Projects may include paving, roadway, utility, bridge or heavy highway construction. Experience working with NJDOT, NJTA, NJ TRANSIT, DRJTBC, DRPA or NJ County projects is preferred. Municipal experience is also a plus. Working knowledge of NJDOT standard specifications and details is imperative.
GPI is currently looking for well-rounded, motivated individuals with 5 plus years of experience on transportation construction projects. NICET (Levels II, III or IV) certifications and Traffic Control Coordinator certifications are required. NJSAT and ACI certifications a plus. Local candidates are preferred.
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day.
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material Variation of elevation 12" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground etc.)
- Possess the ability to climb a ladder varying from 6 feet to 20 foot extension
- Possess the ability to ride in a mechanical lift or bucket truck up to a height of 100 feet
- Be physically able to don and wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus.
- Be able to wear GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Be able to lift and or carry a weight of 30-50 lbs. (concrete inspection specimens and required equipment)
Shift -not applicable-
Position Construction Inspector
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP05 - Lebanon Main