Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Automotive is one of the leading providers of advanced automobile connectivity solutions. We enable nearly every electronic function in the car -- from alternative power systems to infotainment and sensor technologies all in a harsh environment. No matter which technology path OEMs choose to innovate for the connected car, we re committed to helping our customers meet evolving challenges and requirements.
The quality engineer provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples, and ensures quality systems are robust and functioning to ensure customers receive quality products.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
* Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
* Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, Weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
* Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
* Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
* Maintains statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, and x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes.
* Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
* Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American society of quality control certified quality engineer qualification.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline required
* 8 plus years Quality Experience preferred
* 5 plus years Leadership Experience preferred
* Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
* Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and communication skills
* Ability to lead, influence, and drive results in activities involving cross-functional teams
* Able to build customer relationships and act as voice of the customer within the internal organization
* Proactive and continual improvement mind set
* Requires travel including overnight and multi-day trips both domestically and internationally
* Experience with or desire to learn problem solving tools (i.e. Shainin Red X, Six Sigma, Black belt, etc)
* Experience with or desire to learn Automotive Industry Quality Standards (AIAG PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, APQP Manuals, ISO-TS16949)
* Experience with or desire to learn OEM and Tier 1 Customer Specific Requirements and quality/delivery expectations
* Must be proficient in the English language.
* Analyzing Information
* Reporting Research Results
* Technical Understanding
* Promoting Process Improvement
* Developing Standards
* Managing Processes
* Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
* Supports Innovation
* Quality Engineering
* Operations Research
* Project Management
* Training of Quality Technicians
This job description is subject to change at any time.
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.