Service Technician I at Stanley Black & Decker
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Are you interested in joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry. There s never been a better time to join our security sales team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a long term position as an Service Technician for our Security Business.
* Service access control, intrusion, and CCTV security systems.
* Perform scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems under contract agreement by inspecting, adjusting, cleaning, and calibrating systems and checking out equipment to ensure it s in satisfactory working order. Record productive time versus travel time.
* Complete maintenance, within assigned Labor Load PM hours, in a manner that reduces emergency calls and results in achieving the goal of zero call backs.
* May plan schedules, lay out basic electrical equipment installations, and assist in the start-up and check-out of new system installations.
* Present a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance, in accordance with company policies.
* Perform work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
* Maintain company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adhere to and supports Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, Inc. policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
* Keep updated on all changes/modification to Stanley equipment and Ansi 156.10 standard as notified through published communications (TechTip). Attend and complete training programs as requested.
* Must hold 1 yr. mandatory experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, fire alarm, access control, and CCTV security systemCuts
* A valid driver s license, without restrictions is required
* High School Diploma minimum
* Lenel, Pro-Watch, Software House and/or Picture Perfect certifications preferred
* Bosch, Honeywell, Radionics, or DMP system knowledge preferred
* Edwards/EST, Simplex, or GE/Mirtone system knowledge preferred
* IP Video and IT experience preferred
* NICET II or III Certification preferred
* Carry items up to 75 pounds
* Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height
* Must have good vision with the ability to adjust to focus and use close vision, with or without correction
* Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours and weekend emergency calls
* Vocational/technical Degree in electrical security, or computer systems preferred or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.