RN Recovery PACU Full Time Evenings at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Job Code: 01323-12043
Evenings (rotating weekends)
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 368-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana.
Nationally recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, 2015 Top Urban Hospital by Leapfrog, designated by the state as a Trauma Center Level II, and being the largest hospital in Osceola County, Osceola Regional Medical Center offers a full range of specialized health care services such as the Heart and Vascular Institute, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Certified Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Pediatric Emergency Room, Pediatric Inpatient and Intensive Care Units, the Baby Suites birthing unit with Neonatology Intensive Care Unit Level II, Orthopedic & Spine Center, Behavioral Health Center with Outpatient Services and a freestanding Emergency Department in Hunter s Creek which serves South Orlando
The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
* Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
* Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
* Manages patient's pain.
* Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
* FL RN license and/or approved multistate license
* Current certification as a BLS and ACLS certification thru AHA
* Previous critical care experience preferred
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Last Edited: 03/05/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.