Traveling Landfill Equipment Operator - Across U.S. at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dubois, Pennsylvania
Tetra Tech AEG is seeking a Traveling Landfill Equipment Operator
Do you thrive in dynamic environments working outdoors and have the ability to pursue excellence in environmental projects, operating heavy equipment –especially track excavators? Tetra Tech is expanding our team and looking for hard working individuals who have experience and looking for an opportunity to follow their passions in delivering high quality results and solutions to our customers.
Our Landfill Gas Construction division offers a unique work environment that specializes in a wide variety of projects where we are drilling for natural gas on landfills, installing new piping to collect the gas, fusing and welding HDPE pipe –allowing the gas to be transported to the power plant. Your role will be operating an excavator, fusing pipe and assisting other team members to conduct:
· New construction of gas wells, piping and gas flares on landfill and coal ash sites
· Other new construction activities on landfill gas (LFG) and landfill fluids collection systems
· Assist site supervisors in procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects
- Understand environmental and health & safety regulations and perform work in a competent manner in accordance with the regulations
- Assist project supervisors with the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects
- Perform system construction activities in a safely and proper manner
- Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance
- Must have grade experience
- Ability to work on slopes: 2:1 and 3:1
- Must have pipe wielding and fitting experience
- Must have Excavator, articulating dump truck and track loader machinery experience
- Work with and around heavy construction equipment and excavations on landfills (all Equipment Operator are expected to be experienced, safe, and efficient operators of heavy construction equipment)
- Maintain, clean, and organize equipment and supplies
- Candidates will be required to complete project related paperwork neatly, timely, and accurately
- Travel for extended periods, if necessary. It is anticipated that a working construction foreman will travel 75 to 100 percent of the time
- *Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain
- *Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely
- *Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
- *Ability to obtain, and keep in good standing, a valid driver’s license
- Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, if required
- Pass a thorough background check
- Complete the USEPA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes
- Provide an aggressive and pro-active approach to client needs
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- Must maintain a professional, well-groomed appearance
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and peers
- The Equipment Operator must have a good working knowledge of heavy construction equipment (excavators, dozers, road trucks, etc), survey equipment, pipe fusion equipment & techniques, compacting and materials handling equipment
- Must have excavator experience
- Must be familiar with or able to become familiar with general landfill gas and leachate collection system, construction techniques and components
- Must be familiar with or able to become familiar with applicable environmental and health & safety regulations and regulatory requirements
- Preferably be proficient in the use of the PC, specifically with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Have the ability to use professional business documents such as timesheets, dailies, expense reports, emails, etc.
As a Heavy Equipment Operator you will have access to drive excavators, articulating dump trucks, track loaders and Company vehicle for overnight trips. This role typically stays out at projects sites from 3-6 weeks with a week off in between.
Tetra Tech AEG strives on our unparalleled service to our clients. Tetra tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide and ranks 1st in many categories among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. Please review this opportunity and see if this may be a great fit for you!
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S. and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disability
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contactor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Successful completion of a drug screen required.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (330) 659-5931.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at: http://www.tetratech.com/en/waste-management