Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Olathe, Kansas
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
• Lead corporate acquisitions and work effectively with cross functional teams
• Provide leadership and project management across cross functional teams to ensure timely and effective completion of executive level projects
• Understand the global market requirements and business opportunities
• Develop business relationships with new and existing acquisitions in accordance with segment goals and to support global business opportunities
• Negotiate business terms, coordinate legal agreements associated with projects, review and provide inputs to the contractual agreement process
• Provide guidance and/or participate in writing comprehensive business cases for engaging in new opportunities
• Manage due diligence activities needed to evaluate target companies
• Lead the transition and ongoing management of acquisitions Align with strategies of segments
• Research and data analysis for potential acquisitions
• Lead and manage through the acquisition process including research and integration of potential integration
We understand what it takes to be a leader. Our executive officers have the vision and influence needed to provide executive administration for our corporate-level programs and strategic partners. Sure, we’re based in Kansas City, but we are truly a global company, developing business relationships with partners throughout the Americas, Europe, APAC and the MENA region and our products are sold all over the world. One elevator ride at our headquarters and you’re likely to hear 4 (or more) different languages being spoken. At Garmin, we may act local, but we think global.
We are seeking a full-time Director, Mergers and Acquisitions at our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role, you will be responsible for providing executive management for corporate level acquisition initiatives, strategic partners, and new business opportunities. Other essential functions include:
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; a minimum of 10 years documented success in managing business level projects; and a minimum of 10 years experience with electronics consumer products. Other qualifications include:
• Must demonstrate a commitment to success and driven to achieve goals with ability to demonstrate past success
• Must possess excellent time management skills and ability to generate and support pragmatic solutions that meet Garmin’s market launch requirements
• Proven experience in project management, market research and the development and execution of winning business plans
• Excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills, impeccable business judgment and decision making abilities
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including Legal, Finance, Engineering, Sales and Marketing
• Strong computer skills including familiarity and previous experience proficiently using MS Office applications including Microsoft Project
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills combined with excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate with and relate to a highly engaged and technical management team
Candidates who have a Master's Degree, PMP Certification, and international business experience are preferred!
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.