Social Media Strategist at Garmin International
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Olathe, Kansas
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Now seeking: Dreamers. In marketing communications, we dream it and create it. All of the company’s promotional and communication needs are completed in-house by these “creatives” in an advertising agency-based set-up. This includes everything from advertising, promotions and print production to media relations, exhibition coordination and website maintenance. Everyone from artists, writers, designers, media buyers, event coordinators, video producers/editors and public relations specialists work together to bring campaigns and product-centric promotions to life. If you’re a dreamer, gather up your portfolio and show us your vision.
Do you know how to pronounce “algorithm”? Even better, do you know how to use them to our advantage? We’re seeking a savvy Social Media Strategist to lead the strategy and operation of the Garmin social media channels.
We’re looking for a full time Social Media Strategist for our headquarters in the greater Kansas City area. Essential functions include:
- Develop and maintain an ongoing social media content strategy for the assigned Garmin business segment that is aligned with marketing goals and overall creative strategy. This includes but is not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn and blogs.
- Manage an ongoing editorial calendar and distribute to the business segment, mar comm leadership and other key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Build calendar on a weekly basis, submit for review with Global Social Media Content Manager and Creative Leadership, route/apply feedback and submit to Segment leads.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and review content for accuracy and relevance
- Schedule and/or publish all content via a social media tool, and upload videos to YouTube
- Work closely with the Creative Team to coordinate always-on postings and content initiatives
- Develop and write content kickoff/brief documents for relevant projects such as in depth blog posts, product launch content, photo shoots or social media-only projects to coordinate with the Creative Team.
- Manage relationships and effectively utilize a robust roster of Garmin social media ambassadors and influencers for specific segment
- Coordinate contracts and product orders including regular communication and affiliate link programs.
- Attend ongoing segment status meetings and report on social media projects
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, or related degree relevant to the essential functions of this job description AND a minimum of 3 years work experience performing a substantially similar role. Other qualifications include:
- Experience in digital or social media at an agency or corporate setting
- Must possess demonstrated effective presentation skills and public speaking ability
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated writing skills and proficient knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of online/social media platforms
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and work proactively with minimal supervision to achieve deadlines
- Demonstrated account leadership abilities with previous digital or social media clients
- Demonstrates interest and passion for running, cycling, multisport, avionics, automotive and consumer electronics
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.