Big Data Engineer (Java, SOLR) at Buchanan & Edwards
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
The Law Enforcement Practice at Buchanan & Edwards is a trusted advisor to our Department of Justice customer whom we serve in a dynamic and solution-oriented environment.
If you are a Java Developer who has experience and special interest in Big Data Engineer and you enjoy the prospect of being part of a mission-focused, collaborative program team who is interested in helping client organizations determine and execute IT strategy and goals, we would like to hear from you.
The Java Developer will be part of a team of developers who are developing the tool that provides our client single-source, single sign-on search capability that pulls information directly from m ultiple data repositories, filters results, and quickly locates information that is most pertinent. It allows our client to leverage data from 127 repositories.
If you spend most of your time engaged in Java development and you have an interest in SOLR, this is a role worth exploring.
Must currently possess an active US government Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access within a reasonable, customer-mandated time frame.
- Monitor and audit search application performance through load testing, search testing, and/or query response time testing and report activities on an on-going basis
- Configure and set up multiple SOLR Cloud cores under CentOS and Linux environment
- Analyze unstructured data for ingest • Design and develop ingest processes
- Design and develops SOLR Cloud schema for efficiency
- Design and develop interface for application searches
- Design network architecture for SOLR Cloud cluster
- Design network architecture for cluster disaster recovery
- Design and develop incremental update procedures
- Design and develop collection replacement strategy
- Define and configure SOLR Cloud index schemas for multiple data elements
- Create and schedule periodic refresh of SOLR Cloud indexes using cron jobs
- Build SOLR Cloud queries for multiple search requirements
- Design and develop search engine monitoring tools
- Current TS clearance
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and deploying Java based applications and services
- 3+ years of experience using and working with Apache SOLR Cloud
- 3+ years of experience implementing SOLR Cloud builds of indexes, shards, and refined searches across un-structured datasets to include architectural scaling
- 3+ years of experience in architectural design and resource planning for scaling SOLR Cloud capabilities
- 3+ years of experience with Apache Zookeeper
- 2+ years of experience of developing search services for API integration with products such as Endeca and Hadoop
- 2+ years of experience with automated techniques and processes for bulk indexing of large-scale datasets residing in database or un-indexed systems.
- 2+ years of experience working on Scrum or other agile development based methodologies
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent amount of work experience plus a minimum of 7 years of related work experience
- Hadoop specific experience
- Familiarity with Entity Resolution technology
- Accumulo Experience working with a MapReduce implementation such as Apache Hadoop
- Ability to communicate the Big Data Vision and Strategy to technical, business, and end-user audiences
- Ability to drive a solution to delivery from the ground-up, "hands on."
- Version control experience with SVN or Git
- Experience with the full Agile software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with architecture, both logical and physical design.
- Experience with distributed queuing with technologies like Kafka
- Ability to mentor more junior team members
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.