Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts
Under the general direction of the Vice President/Controller, the Senior Administrative Assistant performs their administrative duties independently with a high degree of competence and skill, acting as a role model and resource to peers in proper business conduct and performance of his/her duties. The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the entire Finance team including Accounting, Finance Operations, FP&P, Procurement and Reserving and Regulatory managers. Duties include calendar management, scheduling meetings, typing, PowerPoint presentations, Visio, Sametime Meetings, proofreading routine and technical departmental documents, answering phones, filing, photocopying, faxing, assembling packets for mailings, processing forms, database management, generating and distributing reports, posting documents to the Intranet, and performing special projects as assigned.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS* (in order of importance)
* Supports Finance Management by maintaining multiple complex calendars, scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings. Notifies appropriate personnel of conflicts as well as confirmation of room setup, visual needs, and catering when applicable. Resolves calendar schedule conflicts within guidelines set by calendar owner. Assembles and mails meeting materials, monitors number of RSVPs. Keeps meeting facilitator updated on progress.
* Performs general office duties such as sorting departmental mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, manages office supplies, greet visitors, assist with travel arrangements according to company policy, processes invoices, check requests and expense reports. Maintains and updates department listings and organizational charts, mailings, and postings to the Intranet. Ability to process IS requests for new & existing employees, and to set staff up with phone extensions, computers, cell phones as well as requests for business cards, nameplates etc. Assists management with space planning.
* Liason with members of both the Finance team and Printing Department to assemble and distribute the monthly BOD and Internal Financial Reporting Package.
* Prepare and maintain database of all annual and quarterly letters to various State Departments of Insurance, NAIC, AM best and other regulatory agencies. Prepare all quarterly/annual mailings to State DOI's and other regulatory agencies.
* Assists the Finance management team in special projects and administrative tasks as assigned. Provides departmental process support in duties specific to assigned area. . Proactively updates and maintains procedure manuals as changes occur. Maintains all department Corporate Continuity plans and database information.
* Types, produces and/or distributes letters, minutes, memos, reports, manuals, PowerPoint presentations, contracts, logs, technical documents such as statistical spreadsheets, Visio flow-charts, and graphs. Proofreads such documents to check for typographical, grammatical, and usage errors and makes necessary revisions to achieve consistency and clarity. Generates simple to complex reports for management.
* Professionally answers both internal and external calls and takes accurate messages, researches the background of various calls to ensure the caller is contacting the correct person. Handles all calls in a pleasant, courteous, and professional manner. Provides excellent customer service and researches and resolves the problem timely with minimal direction of the Supervisor.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: (Minimum education required)
* High School Graduate required; Associates Degree in Business Administration or Secretarial Science highly preferred.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
* Minimum of five years of administrative experience in a professional environment required.
* Proficiency required in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Access, Visio, Lotus Notes.
* External applicants must demonstrate potential to become proficient in Tufts Health Plan applications within 3 months.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
* The Finance Senior Administrative Assistant must have highly developed critical thinking skills with the ability to identify emergency situations and to follow and guide peers through the appropriate protocol. Demonstrates creativity in problem-solving to meet departmental priorities and deadlines. Possesses the ability to prioritize workflow and be self-directed within set protocols and procedures while meeting daily expectations. Individual must be highly organized and capable of working on many issues simultaneously, be extremely detailed oriented and time sensitive. Can complete a complex routine workload and multiple additional tasks in a timely with minimal direction.. Needs to have working knowledge of Finance department and a basic overview of the organization in order to quickly assess and direct telephone inquires. Ability to professionally interact with all levels within and outside of the organization including Senior Management. Performs as a role model for peers.
* Must be able to work independently and cooperatively as a team member with different levels of staff.. A mature and professional demeanor is essential. Exhibits developing conflict resolution skills appropriate to the position. Demonstrates accountability and reliability by little or no unscheduled absences or tardiness.
* Must have highly developed written and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow up on all outstanding matters in a timely manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
* Fast paced office environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment when necessary. Requires workload and scheduling flexibility in order to meet departmental deadlines.
* Requires a high level of organizational and prioritization skills in order to accomplish daily expectations. Requires excellent grammar skills and proofreading skills in order to produce quality documents. Must be capable of working on many issues simultaneously and is extremely detail oriented. May require lifting moderately heavy boxes of supplies when stocking supply cabinets.
* Overtime may be required on an as needed basis.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled