Payroll Operations Specialist at Gordian
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
The Payroll Operations Specialist is responsible for entering and maintaining data for all employees, in Ultipro and Kronos, for the computation of wages and deductions and the tracking of time and attendance as well as generating reports and providing customer support to our employees and managers.
- Enter and maintain data for all employees in Ultipro and Kronos for the computation of wages and deductions and the tracking of time and attendance. Examples would be maintaining New Hires/Terminations, entry of updated pay rates, changes in pay status, etc.
- Review HR changes in Ultipro affecting employees’ net wages, for example 401k, insurance and other benefit changes.
- Provide information, technical/procedural assistance and/or training to employees on understanding their paycheck and payroll deductions; answer employee questions regarding payroll-related matters.
- Process payroll for all employees bi-weekly.
- Review audit reports pre- and post-processing to ensure any errors are identified and corrected. Responds to rate and audit requests
- Review, reconcile and prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions for state and federal reporting purposes
- Review timekeeping records in Kronos. Follow up with employees and managers to ensure timely adherence to reporting requirements
- Partner with managers to ensure that all hours are recorded and paid
- Create and post general ledger entries, including payroll accruals, necessary to record all payroll information on a timely basis (monthly)
- Reconcile all payroll related general ledger accounts monthly and resolve all differences
- Utilize and update system to calculate accruals for PTO (paid time off)
- Create reports as needed for the HR, finance, and executive teams
- Maintain workers’ compensation codes and assist manager with audit requests from insurance company
- Assist manager with providing information to financial auditors annually
- Review W-2s before they are released to employees by Ultipro
- Prepare and process miscellaneous withholdings or payments, such as garnishments, and prepare payment documents for such withholdings per requirements of such demand authorizations
- Complete projects or other miscellaneous requests of the Payroll Manager
- Minimum of three years of experience in Payroll and accounting
- High school diploma; Accounting or Finance degree may substituted for experience
- Basic accounting knowledge (an understanding of debits and credits, chart of accounts and journal entries)
- High level of time management and prioritization skills
- High level of analytic skills
- Experience with Ultipro and Kronos Workforce Ready desirable; Related experience in other computerized accounting environment, preferably within a payroll function
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with excellent Excel knowledge, ability to create and manage spreadsheets
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll and wage withholding orders and garnishments a plus
- Previous experience in managing a schedule for the year of payroll, bonus and commission events, and keep the management team cadence to implement these programs
- Excellent client service skills and the ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented, time-sensitive environment and deliver to deadlines on time
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- A constant learner who knows how to organize workload and adapts quickly to change
Gordian is the world’s leading provider of construction cost data, software and services for all phases of the construction lifecycle. From planning to design, procurement, construction and operations, Gordian delivers groundbreaking solutions to contractors, architects, engineers, educational institution stakeholders, facility owners and managers in the local, state and federal government, education, healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, legal, retail and other industries. With our proprietary data, along with our RSMeans and Sightlines data, we offer the largest collection of labor, material and equipment data and associated costs in the world with over 275,000 construction tasks with costs for all areas of construction. Gordian also offers the most widely used construction procurement information management software available anywhere and cutting-edge facilities intelligence and life cycle costing software to assess initial installed costs versus long-term facility costs and improve long-term asset performance. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, HSA, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled