Accountant, Sr at American Systems
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is seeking a Senior Account to join our
active team. Everyday you will be a key player and
directly contribute to the success of our company. We
are looking for a highly skilled, determined candidate
who is ready to advance their career with an exceptional
Responsibilities of the Senior Account include, but are
not limited to:
* Performs traditional general accounting functions
such as accounts receivable, accounts payable,
payroll analysis, general ledger and month end
* Applies principles of accounting to analyze
financial information and prepare financial reports.
* Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and
records in such areas as disbursements, expenses,
tax payments, and income.
* Compiles and analyzes financial information to
record transactions, prepare reports, and review and
* Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss
statements, consolidated financial statements, and
other accounting schedules and reports.
* Prepares financial statements and supporting
schedules according to monthly close plan.
* Prepares forecasts and reports detailing revenues
and expenses by cost center.
* Analyzes financial statements, and investigates and
reports on variances.
* Prepares tax returns and other corporate reporting
* Assists with preparations for the annual audit.
* Corresponds with other departments to ensure proper
accounting for revenue, purchases and expenses.
* May design, modify, install, and/or maintain
accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition
of financial transactions.
* Responsible for the adherence to and communication
of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the top 100 employee owned
companies in the United States. Employer Ownership
means, that at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we treat each other
with respect. Every member of our team has a vested
interest and benefits from MISSION SUCCESS. We all have
the same goals particularly in service to our nation s
War Fighters; providing, team-focused, mission-essential
support in challenging environments. Being truly
effective means pushing beyond basic requirements. We
build skilled and committed teams of experts. We conduct
our work with a sense of purpose; loyal to the mission,
our clients, each other and to the long-term success of
* Bachelor's with 5 - 7 years of experience, or a
Master's and 3 to 5 years of experience.
* 2 years Deltek Costpoint experience required.
* US Citizenship.
* Career level with a complete understanding and wide
application of technical principles, theories, and
* Ability to work independently and work under only
* Problem solving skills that can be apply technical
solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
* Capable of independently determining and developing
approaches to solutions.