Maintenance Technician - Boston KY at Jim Beam Brands Co
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Kentucky
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Boston Kentucky , United States .
Maintenance Technician - Boston KY
Qualifications & Experience
- These are the essential functions of the position.
- Performs a variety of duties including mechanical /electrical and PLC repair and troubleshooting, welding/machining and preventative maintenance.
- Must be able to follow instructions related to machinery to include training, machinery adjustments, trouble shooting and have the ability to detect mechanical\electrical deficiencies or failure in operations.
- Must keep equipment in proper operating condition to achieve target overall equipment effectiveness.
- Must maintain quality standards for maintenance, adherence to scheduling and departmental/ equipment cleanliness
- Must adhere to all Jim Beam and OSHA safety requirements, to include the wearing of PPE.
- Participates in root cause problem solving.
- Identify and eliminate waste in process.
- Follows job safety and environmental requirements and communicates concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Adheres to and promotes quality, environmental, health and safety as one of the organization’s business priorities.
This is a great opportunity because...
Opportunity to work for a great company with an opportunity to advance your career
Being a part of a transformation of the bourbon industry into an efficient and effective operation.
Ability to empower people to provide a quality product to our consumers.
- TABE: 10.5
- Bennett Mechanical: 50% Minimum (34 out of 68)
- PI Predictive Index Survey – evaluates behavioral traits (if required)
- Standard Timing Model: 45 Minimum
- Be able to read, write and speak English with understanding.
- SAP experience is helpful.
- Have acceptable (or corrected) visual acuity and depth perception. Have acceptable (or corrected) hearing.
- Must have ability to communicate clearly and distinctly with other employees.
- Must have ability to perform math functions.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot or cold and dusty conditions.
- Successfully complete Industrial Maintenance program, all position specific classes and OJT program for Maintenance Technician Trainee.
- Ability to report to work and stay for duration of the day.
- Be able to work any shift.
- Display a team work attitude.
- Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis and 60 lbs. on an occasional basis, from floor to shoulder height.
- Climb a minimum of ten flights of stairs (12 steps / flight) in succession
- Work in a confined space environment with PPE
- Able to bend and stoop.
Must have a minimum of an Associates’ degree in Industrial Maintenance, HVAC or Industrial Electricity. May also accept documented equivalent Military mechanical maintenance training/education and experience or successful completion of state certified apprenticeship program for equivalent relative craft.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.