Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for general and preventative maintenance throughout the plant. Capable and proficient in general electrical and building maintenance.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT STANDARDS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for daily preventative maintenance on all garnett machines.
* Responsible for assisting with Feather & Puff Fiber departments mechanical needs to have machines operational in a timely manner.
* Responsible for performing all building maintenance projects that cannot be completed on first shift due to the amount of employees in the plant.
* Maintains safe environment for associates to perform their duties.
* Adheres to published safety manual.
* Assists safety committee in developing a safer work environment.
* Reports directly to Maintenance Manager and provides details of ongoing projects on a weekly basis.
* Maintains open communication with associates, peers and manufacturing office.
* Seeks help and advice in matters beyond their expertise in technical, production, personnel and other types of matters.
* Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Have excellent communication skills with all areas of the Plant and Office and be able to communicate well
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of the job the employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs., handle objects, stand, use close vision, use distant vision, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to bend, twist and kneel. The employee must frequently stand and work for long periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work a flexible schedule and may need to work overtime as needed.
Hollander is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to its Affirmative Action obligations. Hollander does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics ), genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.