Utility Working Foreman-Out of Town at Helena Sand & Gravel
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Helena, Montana
Job ID: 132035
Helena Sand & Gravel, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials Mountain West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Utility Working Foreman
Construction /Helena Sand and Gravel
Job Title: Utility Working Foreman
This is a skilled position requiring employee to supervise and coordinate activities of workers while working as a key part of the crew. Will be required to record and document daily activities and quantities. Knowledge and understanding of all facets installing water & sewer services, installing main line water & sewer & storm pipe, compacting, and prepping for asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, travel is required frequently, and for extended periods, This is a full time seasonal position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Mentor new crew members.
- While working and coordinating daily activities with superintendent.
- Ascertain progress to assure meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, verify compliance with contracts, and compliance with the bid.
- Supervising and coordinating crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Maintaining company policy.
- Willingness to work in remote sites often which require travel.
- Recommends measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance
- Will directly work with and supervise 4 to 7 construction employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 3 to 5 years of related Utility experience or an equivalent combination of education and training preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Assist with general laborer duties as needed which will include shoveling ,installing pipes and other tasks as required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Assist with heavy equipment operation as needed at job site location
- Standard Driver’s License, CDL is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to, climb, shovel, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Ability to keep time and material records.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with stress and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Helena Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Helena Sand & Gravel is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.