PRINTING PRESS FEEDER at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Richmond, Indiana
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Do you enjoy working as a team member and take pride in accomplishing production excellence? Are you searching for a position that will allow you to develop and grow within Georgia-Pacific? Then don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Georgia-Pacific Color-Box® is looking for a Printing Press Feeder for our Richmond, IN facility. A Printing Press Feeder is an entry-level position into our Print Production Department. This position creates value by assisting the Press Operator with the setup, running, cleaning and maintenance of the printing press. Printing Press Feeders prepare all materials for the press run to ensure optimal production efficiencies are met in alignment with our internal and external customer’s expectations. Successful employees will have the opportunity to advance into other print press positions as openings occur.
This position is on 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) at our Industries Road facility.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Assisting in the operation of machine to include setup, stock load changes in a continuous run environment, hanging plates, replenishing ink, perform routine maintenance/cleaning/troubleshoot feeder section
- Removing jammed stock from machine
- Operating mobile equipment to move loads from pressroom, i.e., clamp truck, battery powered roll pusher, pallet jack (electric and manual) or other mobile equipment
- Lifting/hanging print plates, inserting pallets of unprinted stock with mobile equipment at feeder, keep press operating supplies stocked, performs operator level preventative maintenance duties; changing of blankets, helping to install and set press rollers, assisting in press wash up
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in high or confined spaces
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high volume environment
- Willing and able to work any shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts
- Willing to maintain a strict adherence to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Experience working in a corrugated industry
- One (1) or more years of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Six (6) or more months of experience working with a sheet fed litho-graphic printing press
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf