Employee Benefits Representative at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation; as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
The Employee Benefits Representative position is responsible for administration in the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan). Provide excellent customer service and quality benefit plans.
Involved in benefit administration investigate new benefit offerings and improve existing programs. Assist in the design employee benefit plans, when requested. Provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect experience data from available resources.
- Examine possible plan design or benefit cost changes.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Work effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly. Investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document, and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefit processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Assure timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Coordinate daily benefit processing.
- Daily process of enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, death claims, rollovers, QDRO's, distributions, and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files and updating of employee benefit records.
- Gather plan participation data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans. .
- Implement and maintain Group Benefits databases and HRIS benefit records.
- Prepare regular benefit reports extracting data from the database.
- Provide the technical support, test system functionality and work with end users to provide system support and troubleshoot system problems. Work closely with Payroll.
- Analyze the current benefits, evaluating the usage, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefits programs.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers.
- Assist in the development of communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefit orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Conduct benefits presentations.
- Audit/Generate 1095 C
- Minimum Associates degree with BA/BS highly preferred.
- One to three years related employee benefit administration experience required.
- Experience with 401k administration highly preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of health and welfare benefit plan designs a must.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, are required.
- Prior working knowledge of cloud based payroll/HRIS a must
- Working knowledge of benefit contract language
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D