Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
About The Opportunity
What you ll do
Performs purchasing duties in support of programs and overall business (commodities). Purchasing duties include, but are not limited to, analysis of quotations and purchase requisitions, source selection, placement of orders and follow-up with suppliers, procure materials and services from suppliers at the lowest total cost with perfect quality and on time delivery.
* Negotiate major subcontracts, meeting or exceeding target cost
* Analyses cost and quality of products and quotations, and selects or recommends suppliers.
* Order placement and delivery scheduling.
* Follows-up with suppliers in order to meet 98% fill rate.
* Obtains certifications of delivery and verifies correctness of order.
* Maintains records of vendor performance.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain or related field.
* A minimum of 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain.
* 2+ years of experience implementing cost saving initiatives in a supply chain environment.
* 6+ months of Aerospace experience preferred.
* 1+ year of ERP experience required. SAP experience Preferred.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Understanding of blueprints and bill of materials.
* Strong communications skills and customer focused.
* Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
* Must be able to work in a production environment and travel throughout the facility and corporation to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
* Prolonged sitting and terminal use, and have the ability to move around a manufacturing environment.
* Specific Vision abilities required; including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus with a specific requirement for corrected vision at 20/25 or better.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.