Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
24 Jul 2018
About The Opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global first tier supplier of airframe and engine structures, components, assemblies and transparencies to a wide range of aircraft and engine prime contractors and other first tier suppliers. We operate in three main product areas: aerostructures, engine components/sub-systems, and special products. We are over 11,500 employees strong with 32 locations in 9 different countries.
GKN Aerospace Cromwell was established in 2003. Our site specializes in the design and manufacture of composite assemblies for both military and commercial applications using innovative and cutting edge technologies.
The Project Management Intern at GKN Cromwell is considered to be an integral part of the Programs staff and are provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. Under guidance of the Program Manager, the student will be assigned to a team associated with ongoing production and/or product and tackling all the intrigue facets that help to plan, track, and keep the team on task. Key Responsibilities
* Assist in development of business projects (areas of specific interest include Business Communications, Analytics, and General Business):
* Utilizes Microsoft Office products;
* Prepares spreadsheets with data interpretation;
* Performs related duties in support of project efforts (e.g. design, monitoring, data extraction, research and reporting) in areas of performance monitoring, outcomes and compliance with policies and rules;
* Provide support with project meetings (schedule project meetings, assist with project documentation, document meeting minutes, and project action/task items);
* Create/analyze process workflows to increase efficiency with cross-functional divisions and/ departments; communicate project/program manager requirements;
* Creates and maintains files;
* Drafts internal correspondence;
* Performs general and/or clerical duties as assigned related to the business
* Interface with other internal organizations such as manufacturing, product support and purchasing, as well as suppliers.
Qualification & Skills
* Must be a currently enrolled Junior or Senior majoring in Project Management, Business or a similar field.
* Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
* Experience in a Manufacturing or Factory Environment is preferred, but not required.
* Aerospace experience preferred, but not required.
* MUST BE A U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Candidate needs to be a self-starter that can manage or organize their activities in a team environment.
* Demonstrate competent and effective communication, organizational and management skills.
* Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Microsoft, PowerPoint & Outlook)
* Additional background in government procurement methods, procedures and contract requirements desirable.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.