Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
24 Jul 2018
About The Opportunity
Help An Innovative, Growing, & Fast-paced Organization by Joining Our Team!
GKN Aerospace is a global first tier supplier of airframe and engine structures, components, assemblies and transparencies to a wide range of aircraft and engine prime contractors and other first tier suppliers. We operate in three main product areas: aerostructures, engine components/sub-systems, and special products. We are over 11,500 employees strong with 32 locations in 9 different countries.
GKN Aerospace Cromwell was established in 2003. Our site specializes in the design and manufacture of composite assemblies for both military and commercial applications using innovative and cutting edge technologies.
Role Purpose Intern students at GKN Cromwell are considered to be an integral part of the staff and are provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. Under the guidance of the Finance department, the Finance Intern will provide administrative support with a wide range of projects related to finance and accounting.
* Assist the Finance team with invoicing
* Work within the SAP system for reporting, purchase orders, AP, etc.
* Preparation and modification of finance documents
* Supports Finance team with various special projects;
* Provide clerical and administrative support to Finance staff members.
Qualification & Skills
* Must be a currently enrolled Junior or Senior majoring in Finance, Accounting, or a similar field.
* Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
* MUST BE U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), specifically the ability to create Pivot Tables within Excel.
* Ability to manage multiple project and prioritize accordingly.
* Must display maturity and a high level of professionalism.
* Excellent organizational skills to meet priorities and deadlines.
* Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility
* Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.