New Product Development (NPD) Manager at Keysight Technologies
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
The New Product Development (NPD) Manager is responsible for project management, people management and business partnership with Product Management. Specifically:
- Project Management
- Develops products to detailed specifications determined in conjunction with Product Management and/or NPD management.
- Owns the product development execution for one or more product lines.
- Maintains and drives teams to integrated project schedules and is responsible for developing and executing resource plans.
- Develops and maintains a cost center expense budget and capital equipment budget.
- People Management
- Manages mixed discipline of engineers and technicians engaged in design activities.
- Acts as primary supervisor for core contributors to specific projects.
- Business Partnership
- Acts as a key partner with Product Management managers in creating and/or extending the business in a product line or several product lines.
Performs duties with minimal supervision, to quarterly goals. Position requires independent judgement and action according to broad objectives. Employee in this position must be self-driven, a self-starter. Must be a solution provider, not just a reporter. Interaction with other functional areas (including operations and Product Management) is an important part of this role.
Will act as supervisor for engineers, potentially including a team of many disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, firmware, software or others.
- Position requires frequent interaction with other engineers, managers, VP NPD, and engineering support staff.
- Position requires
- Self-Awareness: Emotional self-awareness, Accurate self-assessment, Self-confidence
- Self-Management: Self-control, Transparency, Adaptability, Achievement orientation, Initiative, Optimism
- Social-Awareness: Empathy, Organizational awareness, Service orientation
- Relationship Management: Inspirational leadership, Ability to influence, Focus on developing others, Change catalyst, Conflict manager, Bond builder, Teamwork/Collaborator
Specific Job Skills:
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, verbally & in writing.
- Assertive interpersonal & problem-solving skills that build consensus & resolve issues.
- Word & Excel skills required; MS Project highly desired.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university in engineering or related scientific field, and 8+ year experience as an engineer or scientist, or
- MS/MA degree from an accredited university in engineering or related scientific field and 5+ years of experience as an engineer or scientist.
- Minimum 5 years as project manager and people manager.
- Planning, driving, prioritizing and delivering projects and timelines to deliver to all phases of Product Lifecycle—from research to development to prototype to production to commercialization
- Directing, developing, and motivating employees.
- Dealing with tough business problems.
- Strong business acumen.
- MBA or MEM
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of products working to schedule, budget and performance goals established in conjunction with partners in Product Management and the head of the NPD department, in keeping with goals for new products.
- Prepare and maintain detail planning of project activities. This planning includes detail schedules, cost estimates and resource assignments.
- Insure that all design activities are completed in accordance with Keysight Technology's NPI (PLC) process.
- Participate in product line planning working closely with Product Management, sales and general management to the develop product line and define engineering project goals consistent with corporate plans and goals.
- Coordinate activities of the project team with other engineering, marketing and operations functions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare annual expense budget and monitor and controls activity to these plans.
- Support existing products when customer problems or part problems arise.
- Participate in introductory product training for operations, sales, service and applications.
- Provide reports as required to communicate project budget and resource status to management.
- Monitor the progress of all product design and modification activities to insure project cost, schedule, and technical requirements are achieved.
- Develop contingency plans to address problems and risks encountered in project execution.
- Work in conjunction with other managers in the NPD department to optimize the overall performance of the organization. This may include solving issues with resources, processes and products. It may include development of long-term, medium term and short-term plans.
- Hire, develops and coaches engineering staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Writes performance evaluations, participates in ranking of employees, and recommends appropriate salary increases and other job-related changes per established guidelines.
- Note that the above details describe the principle duties of an employee in this position, but are not to be considered as all-inclusive. Employees may be asked to perform related duties by their supervisor.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
The position requires schedule flexibility to meet deadlines and the ability to positively motivate others to achieve aggressive goals. It may also require some travel (probably less than 25%) including to international locations.
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
Americas : United States : Oregon : Beaverton
Job ID : 27982