Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Defiance, Ohio
Housekeeper - Full Time - Afternoons
Operations / Services / Trades
ProMedica - ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital (DRH) - DRMC - Housekeeping (8630)
Defiance, OH 43512-1396 US (Primary)
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being. That's evident the minute you walk through the doors of ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital. Located about 60 miles southwest of Toledo in Defiance, Ohio, our facility was constructed in 2002 and designed to promote a healing environment. It also has state-of-the-art technology and private rooms that feel like a home away from home.
Being a community-based hospital, we also have a professional office building where you'll find many primary and specialty doctors. In addition, we're a critical-access hospital and accredited by the Joint Commission, the industry leader in setting healthcare standards. We're also an accredited Chest Pain Center and Level III trauma center.
Cleans and services all areas of the hospital except maintenance work areas, maintaining the highest possible sanitary standards and good public relations. Completes any and all duties requested or required as set forth by the department manager.
* Cleans all occupied patient rooms using the 6-step method. Completes all cleaning and preparation of discharge rooms using 7-step method. Cleans surgery, delivery, ancillary and office areas as assigned according to procedure.
* Sweeps, mops and wet-washes floors, periodically cleans and/or polishes using buffer machine. Strips, scrubs and refinishes floors using rotary floor machine as assigned. Vacuums, spot cleans or dry cleans carpets using a rotary scrubber with a bonnet as assigned.
* Washes sinks and other/all plumbing fixtures and replenishes disposable products such as paper towels, toilet tissue, instant hand sanitizer, quart containers of disinfectant cleaner, hand soap and bar soap. Polishes metal, stainless, and other bright surfaces and glass with proper solutions. Washes walls, ceilings and windows inside and exterior as assigned.
* Cleans vertical and horizontal surfaces that collect dust. Cleans registers, tops of doors, vents and drapes using a ladder when needed. Changes cubicles, drapes and shower curtains. Dusts, spot cleans and shampoo furniture. Moves furniture around the hospital as needed.
* Collects and transports waste, cleans and relines trashcans. Loads and operates compactors.
* Responds to bio-hazardous waste spills for clean up of blood and bodily fluids when called. Collects and transports red waste maintaining all EPA and infection control standards.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Experience in all phases of institutional housekeeping and floor maintenance helpful, but will train.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Trained to respond to bio-hazardous waste spills.
* Requires some handling of infectious material.
* Requires handling of biologically unclean material.
* Frequent contact with water and strong cleaning and disinfecting solutions.
* Extensive walking, standing, climbing, stooping, lifting, weight-bearing of 50 lbs., bending throughout the work day.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics. Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details