Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Log back in!
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
FuelCell Energy is transforming the world s energy landscape by delivering clean and efficient solutions for the supply, recovery and storage of energy. We thrive on innovation as our fuel cell power plants provide answers to some of the industry s biggest challenges, such as generating a virtually pollutant-free and affordable supply of electric power within cities, reducing carbon emissions from coal and gas-fired power stations, and producing hydrogen for transportation, industry and utility-scale energy storage. Our unique mission requires a diverse, energetic and creative workforce, and our shared passion for a cleaner energy future is the foundation of our Company s culture. We take pride in what we have accomplished and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions that address energy, environmental and economic challenges for power users and communities world-wide.
With SureSource installations on three continents and millions of megawatt hours of ultra-clean power produced, FuelCell Energy is a global leader with environmentally responsible power solutions.
Join our team and contribute to a brighter, cleaner energy future.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, forward-thinking energy technology enthusiast to join the Electrical Engineering group where you will be responsible for designing, evaluating and supporting our proprietary equipment for power generation, conversion, and storage.
* Designs, evaluates and supports equipment for power generation and conversion.
* Develops engineering drawings (including electrical one-line and three-line diagrams, cable and conduit schedules, and equipment wiring diagrams).
* Prepares documentation for engineering changes and product design verifications.
* Evaluates components and processes used in distributed generation systems.
* Writes procedures, specifications, and preventative maintenance plans.
* Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications.
* Performs data analysis and interpret data.
* Configures / programs electrical devices such as variable frequency drives.
* Provides engineering support to service personnel.
* Other projects as assigned.
Education: B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of applicable commercial work experience with power systems, clean energy, commercial electrical, facility support; or related work in a formal engineering environment. Direct FCE work experience will be considered.
Candidate must have demonstrable knowledge in:
* Power Distribution and Conversion
* Renewable Energy or Utility Equipment
* Electrical Systems Design
* Power Metering and Controls
* National Electrical Code and Safety Standards
* Engineering Documentation Processes
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
* Must be able to work physically in the office environment, lab environment and in the field, wearing required personal protective equipment as designated.
* Lifting up to 25 lbs., utilizing both hands simultaneously, utilizing hand tools, test equipment.
* Walking/standing/working in an office, lab, fabrication area, or designated construction site environment.
* Other physical requirements (pushing, pulling, and bending) may be required to perform inspections, make connections, take photographs, or access installed equipment.
* Ability to remain on feet and move from area to area for a period of up to eight (8) hours with standard breaks.
* Travel: 10% domestic or international
* Have or be able to obtain a Passport
Equal Opportunity Employer - Vet/Disability
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
Employment with FCE is subject to pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation.
No agency submissions please. Resumes submitted to any FuelCell Energy employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the FuelCell Energy Recruiting team for this position will become the property of FuelCell Energy and no agency fees will be paid.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all U.S. job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by calling 203-205-2070. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.
NOTE: This dedicated phone line and email address are designed Exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be acknowledged. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed