EH&S Engineer at GKN Aerospace
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
About The Opportunity
The EH&S Engineer will create and implement an EHS Management system as well as promote general safety and environmental policies and measures to be followed by the organization or plant personnel.
* Inspects and tours the organizations facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommends and implements corrective or preventative measures where necessary;
* Consults with all departments on design and use of equipment, shops, fire prevention and safety programs, and environmental issues;
* Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations, should the need arise;
* Compiles and submits required OSHA accident reports;
* Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by organization personnel and outside agencies;
* Devises, delivers, and/or coordinates training programs or media, which will increase proficiency in safe practices, and promote safety consciousness;
* Maintains appropriate records for audit purposes;
* Provides required reports to Corporate Staff as required;
* Work with all areas of the organization to maintain compliance with applicable federal, state, and local environmental permits and regulations, as well as, GKN Policies, procedures, and programs;
* Provide monthly metrics to Corporate office, division office, and site management to include KPI s, accident/injury rates, RADAR events, ThinkSafe training, Safety Alert Response, DoMores, Enterprise Risk Management, etc.;
* Work with all departments to establish and follow up on plans and activities to minimize resource use and reduce wastes;
* Establish new, and maintain existing Machine Risk Assessments; job hazard analyses, ergonomic assessment, waste and resource analyses, etc.;
* Maintain emergency resource plan, including scheduling drills and updating the written plan;
* Coordinate site response to internal and external EHS audits;
* Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must have a Bachelor s Degree in Environmental Engineering or a similar field.
* Must already have or be able and willing to achieve ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 (ISO45001) Certification by specified target year;
* Must be able and willing to participate on EHS teams (i.e. Employee Safety Committee, Site EHS, etc.);
* Excellent written and reading comprehension skills
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.