Plant Manager - Batavia, NY at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Batavia, New York
Job ID: 134661
Anchor, a CRH company, is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Anchor is a leading manufacturer of packaged, blended cement products and pavement repair products. Anchor manufactures, markets and distributes products under the brands of Sakrete, Prospec and Amerimix. Products are distributed through major retail and commercial outlets, including Homecenters, Co-ops, building material distributors and commercial distributors. Anchor has a long standing reputation for quality service and products.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall plant operations, including all production and ensuring all employees strive to meet the standards set forth by the company for Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Preventative Maintenance, and Housekeeping. This will include directing all plant manufacturing processes and ensuring quality products while maintaining a safe work environment. The chosen candidate will also be responsible for the planning and directing the layout of equipment, workflow and workforce utilization as well as participating in the procurement of raw materials, supplies and other production needs.
- Bachelor's degree and/or three or more years as a plant manager in a similar industry or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to review and discuss results of production reports and profit-loss statements
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA and safety procedures
- Purchasing and P&L experience preferred
- Ability to train and instruct employees
- Good analytical problem solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of construction products and basic knowledge of electronics and programmable controllers preferred
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Anchor, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.