Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
17 Aug 2018
About The Opportunity
Help An Innovative, Growing, & Fast-paced Organization by Joining Our Team!
GKN Aerospace is a global first tier supplier of airframe and engine structures, components, assemblies and transparencies to a wide range of aircraft and engine prime contractors and other first tier suppliers. We operate in three main product areas: aerostructures, engine components/sub-systems, and special products. We are over 11,500 employees strong with 32 locations in 9 different countries.
GKN Aerospace Cromwell was established in 2003. Our site specializes in the design and manufacture of composite assemblies for both military and commercial applications using innovative and cutting edge technologies.
Our Working Leaders assist and support the inspection of complex composite parts for the aerospace industry, working on self-directed teams with minimal direct supervision. Following quality procedures, engineering instructions, and other recognized methods, they perform a variety of inspection activities involved in meeting customer quality requirements and internal quality procedures for both production and developmental programs.
* Schedule and monitor production needs within the department;
* Ensure product quality and safety standards are maintained:
* Train inspectors on standard operations used within the department;
* Follow standard and non-standard operating procedures to fulfil required job assignments
* Use, instruct on the usage, and maintain proper calibration of tooling and equipment per work instructions
* Capable of providing assistance with process problems, documenting issues effectively and following up on open issues;
* Record operations accurately and legibly on parts where required to ensure ethical recording of part documentation;
* Organize work areas, maintain a clean work environment, plan tasks with team, perform assigned work and meet or exceed cost, quality and schedule needs;
* Other duties as assigned and required.
* Must have a minimum of 1-3 years quality experience
* Team or Cell Leader experience a plus
* Must have a minimum of a high school diploma
* Strong attention to detail;
* Manage change and solve problems to include cross functional teams;
* Lead small teams
* Work well with others and be able to organize and lead a team;
* Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
* Read, comprehend and write written instructions;
* Have concern for security, safety and the environment;
* Have knowledge of and be able to perform basic to complex shop mathematics;
* Should be able to lift up to 35 lbs;
* Experience with composite material preferred.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.