Production Worker at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warrenton, Missouri
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Production Worker's position includes the responsibility for the manufacturing of product, including but not limited to shipping and receiving, filling, and packaging machine operations. Production operators are accountable for the manufacturing of Coca-Cola products in accordance with product specifications and conformance to quality standards of the Company.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities: Shift Flexibility Required
- Operates Filler/Packaging/Boxforming/Palletizing and all other product manufacturing equipment.
- Supply line with raw materials as needed.
- Check for proper seals, filling or damaged product.
- Operate equipment through proper program controls.
- Move product, filled containers and raw materials to proper storage.
- Rework product as necessary.
- Perform preventive maintenance measures and clear jams on machines as needed.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with all Coca-Cola Quality System procedures.
- Record inspection requirements and data on provided forms.
- Forklift operations/inspections.
- Training of new associates.
- Fill in on any lines when needed.
- Load packaged goods onto trailers.
- Unload trailers as needed.
- Clean and sanitize equipment, floors, windows, outdoor grounds, or any other areas as needed.
- Ability to understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Move and lift material weighing 50 pounds to distances of 10 feet or more, floor to waist.
- Ability to hand stack cases of product from floor to over-head weighing up to 35 pounds repetitively up to 8 hours.
- Ability to push and pull force of 80lbs.
- Ability to squat and bend over at the waist.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time in temperature extremes on a daily basis up to 12 hours.
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes and work environment.
Manufacturing Equipment Operation - Ability to operate standard manufacturing and other job related equipment (e.g., check weigher, filler, scales, computer applications, labeler, mixing tank, and palletizer).
Heavy Equipment Operation - Ability to operate heavy equipment (e.g., forklift, man-lift).
Troubleshooting - Ability to identify and resolve process, system and/or mechanical failures (e.g., dispensing equipment, manufacturing equipment, software tools, supplier network, parts return, order flags).
Good Manufacturing Practices - Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a manufacturing environment and the ability to apply them.
Hand Tools - Ability to use common hand tools and small power tools (e.g., screw drivers, hand drills).
Mechanical Service Repair - Knowledge and application of equipment repair principles and Company standards associated with equipment maintenance.
Clean In Place - Knowledge of the Company’s Clean-in-Place (CIP) policies and procedures and the ability to perform the associated tasks (e.g., physically entering tanks, heavy lifting, handling large hoses and hot water).
Documentation Management - Knowledge of the principles of documentation management to define and manage changes to the intellectual property, project agreements, supplier agreements, The Coca-Cola Quality System (TCCQS), engineering documentation, capital assets, equipment authorization and/or packaging.
Security Management - Knowledge of the security systems and services applicable to the specific location and the ability to apply the Company’s security policies in an appropriate and cost-effective manner.
Training - Knowledge of training requirements, standards and guidelines. Includes the ability to apply individual and group technical training techniques. Ability to translate technical information for the appropriate audience (e.g., business, technical) and evaluate training effectiveness.
Transportation Regulations - Knowledge of the Company, local, national and international transportation and hazardous materials regulatory requirements that apply to Company locations or processes and the actions required to keep the Company in compliance with these regulations.
Job Location and Work Conditions
- Work is performed in all areas of a production facility, including off-site warehouses. Work is of non-repetitive nature and requires exposures to temperature extremes, moderate noise levels, moving equipment, wetness, chemicals, ingredients, fumes, dust, and vibrations.
- Work is performed on flexible shifts. Manufacturing facility subject to extreme heat and cold. Multi-shift operation.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
Related Work Experience
- 2 years’ experience in production position, preferred
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.