Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (Aerospace, Defense and Marine or AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment (Industrial Solutions) and is a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and rigorous environments. These interconnection solutions make possible applications of avionics, jet and propulsion engine management, flight controls, grounding systems and on-board entertainment (EAB) for today's \\"connected aircraft\\". This capability is extended to military, marine, aviation, space, land and drone vehicles, as well as oil and gas exploration of open-ocean deposits. TE offers solutions for enhanced connectivity that work and resist in the most extreme environments on Earth, from the deepest oceans to the ends of space. In your relentless activities to save space and weight, improve data delivery and power, you will find that AD&M is ready to collaborate with your design team to help you present your product more quickly in the market with smarter and better interconnect solutions.
The position will be that of the Plant Controller, providing business decision support to key internal customers and would have responsibility for preparing monthly forecasts, annual budget, and inputs to the long-term strategic plan. The Plant Controller will also have responsibility for general ledger functions including, but not limited to, inventory accounting, capital expenditure and fixed asset accounting, and manufacturing cost accounting in support of the production operation. This position will also interface with the Senior Finance and Business Unit management teams and will be based in our Fairview, NC manufacturing facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and action oriented with a minimum of 5-7 years experience. Other requirements include:
* Prior operations and/or cost accounting experience.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management and/ or finance (MBA and/or CPA preferred but not required).
* Functional experience with integrated ERP systems like SAP.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Ability to apply strategic thinking across the knowledge base of financial theory, principles and practices
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills both lateral and vertical.
On-going activities include, but are not limited to:
* Forecasting, budgeting, month end close, and variance analysis.
* Identification of risks and opportunities, and complete understanding of significant cost drivers
* Partner across functions within the plants to drive cost savings initiatives (conversion and materials productivity).
* Financial analysis of significant investments such as capital to fund increases in capacity or new product development (e.g. discounted cash flow analysis).
* Develop regular concise executive report deck with recommendations for process improvement, productivity, efficiencies, etc.
* Support Management Team with Labor and Efficiency Analyses and other ad hoc analysis as required
* Oversight of monthly financial closing and reporting activities in a full general ledger environment.
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.