Sr Analyst - Global Research & Analytics at Franklin Templeton Investments
Posted in Management 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We are looking for a Sr. Analyst – Global Research & Analytics. The ideal candidate will be able to independently originate, develop and promote new metrics for Franklin Templeton’s worldwide market position that will assist in identifying future opportunities to grow the business. This position will analyze a Financial Advisor’s book of business with the goal of identifying opportunities for improvement. In addition, the individual will oversee the development of competitor, market and fund research/analytics.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Sr Analyst – Global Research & Analytics?
- Interpret and prioritize client requests, as well as independently interface with client base. Prepare research and deliver insightful analysis on requested funds using a wide variety of sources.
- Evaluate and apply financial, economic and statistical data involving mutual funds and other securities.
- Become a subject matter expert across the spectrum of fund performance and benchmarks for retail and institutional funds.
- Analyze a Financial Advisor’s book of business with the goal of identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Apply acquired subject matter expertise to provide analysis and business perspective on behalf of our internal business partners including our own wider product strategy team, distribution and senior management of Franklin Templeton Investments.
- Conduct and oversee primary and secondary research for the U.S. Retail, International Retail and Institutional products and markets.
- Use analytical reasoning to report on global sales, assets and market share data of Franklin Templeton and its competitors. Identify, monitor and evaluate global market position for executive reporting and serve as global resource for sales/AUM information and perspective.
- Analyze broad competitive trends and implications for the business and provide market updates to FRI boards and Global Advisory Services.
- Manage projects to ensure they are of the highest quality and accuracy and that they are delivered on-time.
- Work closely with clients on a daily basis to ensure analyses are appropriate and analyze current methodologies and offer alternative solutions to clients.
- Develop strong working relationships with our business partners.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA is strongly preferred.
- CIMA or CFA candidate preferred
- Series 7 preferred
- 5+ years in the investment management/financial services industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of global mutual fund & institutional fund industry products/concepts.
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with members of other departments
- Work directly with management, supervisors, peers and staff at multiple locations
- Ability to multi-task and meet firm deadlines
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to maintain a professional image
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Skilled in using third party quantitative research systems such as Bloomberg, eVestment, MPI, Factset, Simfund, Lipper/LANA and Morningstar
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
*Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.